TV: Doctor Who new series **may contain spoilers**

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

When I say spoilers, it only applies to people who are watching each episode later than the Saturday airing. No insider knowledge here!
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Controversial as this is going to sound, please don't hate me for it.

Do you think Doctor Who is actually that good? I can't seem to get into it. I think it's just a nostalgia trip for those that saw the original and that many, not all young people are only seeing it, as their parents are encouraging them to do so.

If you sit down and forget everything you know about Doctor Who for the next episode, do you think it is good? And if you do what makes it good?
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I finally got to watch Dr Who, think it was the 2nd week, whereby the Dr. meets William Shakespear, got to say it was good, but nothing about Wales in it!!

even though I told my mother I wanted to see the first one, then after it, I said well, I don't remember any of that being in the first one, she said no, it was the 2nd one!

whereas if I watch something I prefere to watch things in order, so still don't really know what the first episode was like!!

I really wanted to see the first one first, as it is supposed to have the introduction to the new assistant! makes me want to scream sometimes!!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

All three episodes are available to watch via streaming internet video here:
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/26

Let you be out of order no longer!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I thought yesterdays episode was really good.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

in reply to your question david, I did see the original, as it was more or less sit around the tv on a saturday night thing in the early 80's!!

and considering I wasn't fussed on it back then, the new series seems more appealling to me, maybe it was Billie Piper!

no, I think it is because they seem to have made it more entertaining, like getting younger cast, better storylines, and special effects, ok so there was only so much they could do on the special effects in the 70's and 80's,

but the storylines do seem a lot better. in the 70's/80's it was will the Dr. be exterminated this week by the Dalek's!!
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

What? Some of those plotlines were classic. Like the one where he spends the entire episode in a car chase. Well I say car chase, but at various points a taxi, a bike and a biplane are involved. The episode ends with him jumping from his boat onto the baddies hovercraft and watching in shock as the villian uses his teleport power to escape! Not a single flaw innit :P

This weeks episode featuers Cthulu.
FREEFALL
Getting settled in

Post by FREEFALL »

i hope by saturday Martha beats the crap out of the doctor and the matron for being so condecending to her. looking forward to seeing John Simms in the next few weeks
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

I didn't se Cthulu!

Brrr, those angels, creepy I watched it with sci fi soc in the JCR... we formed a plan to kidnap the nearest stone angel and deposit it in the centre of a children's playground, but never carried this out.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I thought hte aqngels wre creepy too. The way they wre ther watching them. It was a good episode though!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

The darlek-human reminded me of old squidface.

Those angels really got to me. Scared half to death for the first part of the episode. Once they gave them facial expressions I couldn't take them seriously anymore though, I think it added a great deal for them to be so constantly expressionless.
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

Old squidface? just makes me think of tenatcles... and anime... that party... not good... aaargh
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Please don't tell me you've been to a hentai party, bad plan. Baaaad plan.

Old squidface is a nickname for H.P.Lovecrafts cthulu
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I thought this weeks episode was great. I can't wait for next weeks.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
LGC2108
Regular Poster

Re: TV: Doctor Who new series **may contain spoilers**

Post by LGC2108 »

Is anyone watching Doctor Who this year? Peter Capaldi is very different to the previous doctors, but it will be interesting to see where this series goes!