TOP TEN OF EVERYTHING

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

TOP TEN OF EVERYTHING

Post by Daniel »

For a bit of fun and a good way to get to know each other better, post your top 10 lists of favourite or even least favourite things!

It can be anything: 10 favourite films, 10 least favourite foods, favourite TV shows of the 1980s, favourite bands, or something more specific to your interests such as favourite battles of the 18th century, favourite girls names, favourite tree leaves, whatever you like!
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

TOP TEN HISTORICAL SITES (THAT IV VISITED)

Coloseum (Rome)
Roman Forum (Rome)
Pompei
Rosslyn Chapel (Scotland)
Catacombs (Rome)
Vatican Museums (Vatican City)
San Pietro (Vatican Cirty)
Museo Archeologico (?!) di Napoli (secret room; AMAZING)
The Louvre (ancient sculpture section, wow)
Erculano (Herculanium)
The Somme Trenches (france)

As you can see- Rome is one of my favorite cities in the world!!!!

Id like to visit:

Machu Picu
The Pyramids
Hadrians Wall
Athens
Krakow (esp Aswitch Berkinou (???))
Roman ruins anywhere in world (missed out on seeing Sicily in Italy tour in summer so id like to go there)
Prague (the castle; the Jewish quarter!!!!!)
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Well Dan; you said 'top ten anything'. Soon, you will regret it, heehee!!!

BEHOLD; THE FUZZMEISTERS TOP TEN SITES IN ANCIENT ROMAN FORUM, ROME:

1) The Arch Of Consantine
2) The Garden of the Vestual Virgins
3) The Arch of Septimus Severus
4) The Temple of, erm..... the place where St Lawrence was roasted alive!!!
5) The Basilica of, erm.... DAMN THIS FEEBLE MEMORY!! The place where the massive sculture of Constantine, the first Christinan Emporer of Rome was (parts now in Museo Campoline)
6) The column of Marcus Arelius
7) Palatine Hill and its many basilicas etc

ok I give up; I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:d
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Top FIVE things about the Romans:

1) Their architcture (eg the Roman Basilica; the aqueduct; the sewar (many of which are still used today (eg York, Rome)), the ampitheatre, etc)
2) Thier sculpture/ frescoes/ mosiacs (esp Pompei/ Herculanium/ stuff in Vatican museums)
3) Their social structure and funny wee things, eg- drainage sytem in Pomei (highly innovative); the urine collcecting jars for laundry, etc)
4) Their food/ dress sense (togas rock!!)
5) Thier innovative style- many of thier structures, thier laws, thier building techniqies still exist today and have paved the way for us.... where would we be without the romans?!
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

guessing roman history is your thing then fuzz

my6 top ten places ive been in scotland

1 portree Isle of Skye
2 kenmore loch tay
3 killin loch tay
4 fearnan loch tay (nice pub amazing pottery)
5 Banff (cool beach)
6 Dornoch
7 Lochinver -little-ish village very pretty
8 broadford Isle of skye
9 crieff - (has yummy sweet shop)
10 Lawers loch tay (where we stayed on our first visit)
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

Top 10 places I've visited or will be going on a mission trip (in chronological order):

1. Brainard, MN (MInnesota) in 2001.
2. Port Huron, MI (Michigan) in 2002.
3. Durango, CO (Colorado) in 2003.
4. San Sebastian, Puerto Rico in 2004.
5. Jonesville, WV (West Virginia) in 2004.
6. Miguel Aleman, Mexico in 2005.
7. Chavies, KY (Kentucky) in 2005.
(Places I will be going this year):
8. Marion, SC (South Carolina) Spring 2006.
9. Eagle Butte, SD (South Dakota) Summer 2006.
10. Hopefully Jonesville, WV again in Fall 2006. =D> =D> =D> O:) \:D/ \:D/

Top 10 movies (not exactly favorites because i can't choose an all-out favorite and not in a particular order b/c I love them all so much!):

1. The Cutting Edge
2. Crash
3. Spanglish
4. The Majestic
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
6. All Peter Pan movies including Hook.
7. Mrs. Doubtfire
8. The Sixth Sense
9. Pirates of the Caribbean
10. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/

Top 10 movies I want to see this year (in no real order):

1. The DaVinci Code starring Tom Hanks =D>
2. Superman Returns with I can't remember his name...but he plays Superman. :-k
3. Cars the new Pixar movie
4. The new M. Night Shalayman movie (he directed THe Sixth Sense)
5. Brokeback Mountain with Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal
6. The new Robin Williams comedy that I can't remember the name. :-k
7. Curious George with Will Farrell and Drew Barrymore
8. End of the Spear a really good movie
9. Capote with Phillip Seymour Hoffman
10. any kind of good romantic comedy or comedy. Esp. one starring Jim Carrey, Matthew McCaunaghey, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner, J. Lo, Mandy Moore, or Kate Hudson. =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Carrie- where was Stonehaven/ Edinburgh on this list of yours?! HMPH!!!! =; =; =; :p

Shanna- OOOOHHHHH is the Da Vinci Code out in the states? It aint out here til MAY!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:( it'll be amazing tho; the boks are fantastic!
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Top ten (actually 11) childhood (about age 4-9) books I read (not in any order):

1. Heckedy Peg by Audrey and Don Wood. AWESOME STORY WITH GREAT PICTURES =D>
2. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. AGAIN AWESOME STORY WITH GREAT PICS. =D> ALSO A GOOD MOVIE, BUT READ THE BOOK PLEASE TOO.
3. Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg. AWESOME STORY WITH GREAT PICS. =D> ANOTHER GOOD MOVIE, BUT READ THE BOOK TOO. =D>
4. anything by Dr. Suess (esp. The Cat in the Hat, The Grinch, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Lorax) Suess is cool. =D>
5. The Talking Eggs: A Folktale from the American South by Robert D. San Souci (good Cinderella type story with cool pictures) =D>
6. The Frances adventure books by Russell Hoban (very cute books with good pictures and stories). =D>
7. The Arthur Adventure books by Marc Brown (good, true to life stories with Great pix). =D> I also watch the tv show still and I am in my 20s. That's how good the lessons are. You are still able to learn them when you turn 20. =D> =D> BTW, don't just watch the show. Read the books too.
8. Curious George series by Margaret and H.A. Rey. Who can resist a curious little monkey? I mean, come on. He's way cute! =D> DOn't just go see the movie or watch the cartoon. Read the books! They ROCK! \:D/ I especially like Curious George Goes to the Hospital.
9. Jenny's in the Hospital by Seymour Reit. Good lesson about hospitals. =D>
10. The Eric Carle books (phenominal illustration, great stories with cool sounds sometimes at the end) =D>
11. I know it's more than 10, but I had to put the Arthur books by Lillian Hoban. Cute books about a Chimp which have life lessons attached to them. =D>
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

fuzzy wrote:Carrie- where was Stonehaven/ Edinburgh on this list of yours?! HMPH!!!! =; =; =; :p

Shanna- OOOOHHHHH is the Da Vinci Code out in the states? It aint out here til MAY!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:( it'll be amazing tho; the boks are fantastic!
not been to edinburgh fuzz and only been to stonehaven for a week and i dont remember it clearrly apart from the rain and the noise of the sea keeping me awake
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Cool- you came to Stoney?! When? Where di you stay?! It was prob the Royal Hotel if you were complaining about the sea; i used to work in the club there..... :D
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

DaVinci Code doesn't come out until May 19th here. But, it may be delayed because some authors of another book are trying to sue Dan Brown for allegedly "copying" their story. :-({|= They accuse him of copying some of the elements of the story (like the Holy Grail) and they also say that Brown named the character Leigh Teabing after them without asking. The authors names are Rachel Leigh and Micheal Baigent. "Leigh" supposedly comes from Rachel's last name and "Teabing" supposedly is a mixed up version of Michael's last name. He also apparently mentions their book, The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail in his book. Court is still being held and there has been speculation as to whether Leigh and Baigent are just trying to hold the movie back from coming out in May. T :-({|= hey had no comment when asked about whether they were trying to hold the movie back from coming out. :-({|=

I personally think he is innocent. =D> Innocent until proven guilty, I say. A lot of people write about the Holy Grail and it's not the first time a character has resembled someone's name. It could have been a mere coincidence. As far as the mentioning of the book in DaVinci Code, well, I don't know. But, J.K. Rowling went through similar problems a few years back with her character, Hagrid and she was innocent. It was said that the characters having the same names was just a coinincidence. I hope Mr. Brown gets the same kind of treatment. I really like his books and so I hope he isn't copying. THat would really make me have a jaded perception of him as an author. His books would be still good, but I wouldn't know to believe if his ideas were really his. That's why I hope that Dan gets off. I also want the movie to come out on time. \:D/

News for
Dan Brown (VI)

From http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1467010/news

'Da Vinci Code' Plagiarism Suit Begins in London
28 February 2006 (StudioBriefing)
Opening arguments were heard in London's High Court on Monday in the case of two authors who claim that Dan Brown appropriated "the central architecture" of his book, The Da Vinci Code from their nonfiction book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. A film version of the book, starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard, is due to open the Cannes Film Festival in May, and at one point, one of the justices asked an attorney for authors Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh whether they were attempting to have the release of the film halted. News reports of the trial did not record their response. Brown has acknowledged that the Baigent and Leigh book, which argues that Jesus Christ married Mary Magdalene and had a child with her, influenced his tale. (Indeed, a new "code" was discovered by reporters covering the case: one of the central characters in the book is named Leigh Teabing, which combines Leigh's name with an anagram of Baigent's. Brown also refers to their book in the text of The Da Vinci Code.)
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

NO IT CANT BE DELAYED!!! IT HAS TO COME OUT ON TIME OR ELSE!!!!! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

What other Dan Brown books have you read? Iv read three out of the four hes written. My favorite is Angels and Demons!!! :D:D:D:D Hios books are good but a wee bit repetiative- by the third one, I predicted EXACTLY what would happen coz the plot and twisted ending are ALWAYS the same!
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

I like Dan Brown too. read Angels and Demons over christmas hmm... very thought provoking.

Here are my top ten beers

1. Green King IPA - nice smooth pint good for a start
2. Theakstons Old Peduliar - Lovely lovely lovely sadly 2 pints and I'm full
3.Vaux breweries Waggle dance - light and sweet
4.Black sheep breweries Black sheep Ale- had it on draft in York! keeps off the chill nicely
5. Green King Abbot Ale- Richer than ipa, lovely and mellow
6. Moorland Speckled hen - Quite a cheeky pint,
7. Flowers IPA - robust pint with nostalgic conotations- brewery closed and I haven't seen it for eges
8. Marlow Beer Rebellion - extra nice when consumed in marlow ( just down the road)
9.And the last two will have to be Shepard neame brews.. Spitfire
10. bishops Finger

aaahhh just the thought raises a smile. Long gone are the days when i could manage one of each though. Cheers
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I've tried many of those Ruth, although I'm no beer expert by any means! Black Sheep is one of my local breweries from back home, along with the Dent Brewery.
Tortoise
Getting settled in

Post by Tortoise »

OK, i dont mean to sound like a total nutter... but anyway :blush:

Everytime i looked at Dan's pic next to his name i thought... hmm this image reminds me of something. but i couldnt never figure out what it reminded me of. BUt then it clicked... it reminds me of the kKK!!!

I'm sure its not meant to be that, but everytime i look at it now i think KKK. :-k :-k where's it from so i can change my mental association!?