Autographs

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Meg
Power poster

Autographs

Post by Meg »

Is it just me that collects autographs or do any of you collect them? So far I have:

Kacey Ainsworth
Luke Bailey
Orlando Bloom
Carla Bonner
Georgina Bouzova
Paul Bradley
Hilda Braid
Elizabeth Carling (lovley person)
Maxwell Caulfield
Susan Cookson
Christine Stephen Daly
Dec Donally
Kate Ford
Micheal French
Elyes Gabel
Rebekah Gibbs
Angela Griffin
Tina Hobley
Noah Huntly
Jaye Jacobs
Ian Kelsey
Martina Laird
Nicholas Lyndhurst
Simon MacCorkindale
Ant Macpartlin
Art Malik
Sarah Manners
Amanda Mealing
Janine Mellor
Kim Metcalf
Suzanne Packer
Chris Parker
Patricia Potter
Ben Price
Hugh Quarshie
James Redmond
Shane Richie
David Tennant
Kym Valentine
Matthew Wait
Jessie Wallace
Zoe Wanamaker
Leanne Wilson
Jackie Woodbourne

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I have a few though I would not say I am a true collector... I have loads of autograhs from actors/actress/directors from westend/broadway musicals... as I have an interest in theatre not acting but the production side of how things work e.g. star traps and the working of the fly floors.

I have a few stray ones from motor racing as spent a few years going to goodwood festival of speed and revival... and generally enjoying myself...
gomababe
Regular Poster

Post by gomababe »

The ony autographs that I have that are of note are the ones from all the guys on the Most Haunted crew {I didn't get David Wells or Yvette boo!!}, they were really nice to me when I dropped my paper for the hundredth time when I went to get their autographs {I'd been waiting for an hour in the freezing cold with no gloves on, go figure}.Karl and Stuart were especiallly nice, since I got a hug from them *squeals*. Yes I am obssessed XP.
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

How did you get Nick Lyndhurst? I've been trying to get his for ages!

I've got David Jason's not sure if it's a print

Keira Knightley's
Clive Owen
Kate Winslet
Corrie and Eastenders actors/actresses
Tess Daly
Davina McCall
Emma Pierson (Hotel Babylon) Really nice person.
Keeley Hawes
Loads of footballers past and present
Cat Deeley (lovely person)
Katy Hill (Again really nice person)
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I just wrote to his agent. If you want pm me or add me to msn and i'll give you the address, back on topic as you can probably tell I'm a Caasulty addict.

Elizabeth Carling wrote me a little note which said

"Dearest Megan,
Love and luck to you always petal,
Thank you for telling me about Dyspraxia and
I wish you a really bright future.
Elizabeth Carling xxx"

I am also waiting for Jason Merrells, Kip Gamblins and Tom Chambers autographs.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Nicolas Lyndhurst often shops at Sainsbury's in chichester... though I would not ask him for his autograph...
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

The autographs I have are:

Ukyo Katayama
Olivar Pannis
Stuart Graham
Mick Journ
Derek Bell
Matt Neil
Richard Attwood
Charlie Boureman
Rene Arnoux
Luigi Traverik
Frank Biela
Sterling Moss
Peter Broeker
Ryan Redo
Takehito Kitakara
Nick Mason
Tony Brooks
Carl Fogarty
Michael Crawford
Rosemary Ashe
Michael Ball
Dave Willets
Hall Prince
Charles Hart
Claire Moore
Mary Miller
Royce Mills
Steve Barton
Simon Tunkin
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Sarah Brightman
Peggy Ann Jones
Michael Harbour
Pam St Clement
Ann Crumb
John Aaron
Peter Polycarpu
Simon Bowman
Sally Ashfield
David Firth
David Savident
Maria Kesselman
James Patterson
David Romano
Leila Martin
Nicholas Wyman
Lea Selonga
Gillian Lynne
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I just had a thought....

If when we were getting autographs get two.... and possibly sell the second one on ebay to raise some funds for running the site???

Has anyone any thoughts on this?

I realise there may be probems e.g. authentication.... also possibly getting charity status...
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

I know he lives over that way. My mate has served him before in a shop. He is very shy and doesn't like the attention.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Liz I can see you're a F1 and musicals fan judging by your autograph collection, although a lot of the names I don't recognise. Never been big on celebs myself. The only autographs I've ever collected were from the characters at Walt Disney World, lol!

As for the selling autographs for the forum - it's a nice idea, although we've not looked into the charitable status option yet as we're not at that stage. However you could always ebay autographs yourselves and pass the proceeds on to the forum donation fund should you so wish.

Dan.
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

i used to work in a shop that sold signed photographs and football shirts, i used to mount and frame them before they went on display.

i don't really have any notable autographs myself though, just a few signed cd's and records by bands that i like that aren't especially famous...the kaiser chiefs probably being the most famous.

i do have a signed photograph of jane seymour (bond girl & dr quinn, medicine woman) but that's just because i'm good friends with her nephew and he gave it to me as a joke!
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

I'm jealous of some of you guys! Some of those people up there I wish I could have autographs from!

My dad has Ron Santo's autograph (he's a famous Chicago Cubs player and announcer who is afflicted with diabetes type one). The autograph is on my dad's DVD of the Ron Santo documentary: This Old Cub. It's about his triumphs on and off the field: his baseball career and his current announcing career, but also his struggle with diabetes to which he has now lost both legs. Back when he had first gotten diagnosed it wasn't as accepted to be diabetic so he didn't really tell the team that he was in case he might get kicked out of baseball. He used to eat a candy bar during games to balance his sugar becaues he didn't want anyone to find out. But then they did. But they kept him on the team anyway because he was such a great athlete. People like him here in Chicago and he's a hero to many across the states for his great personality, his bravery, and his contributions to the game. (Sorry, little side story on a favorite person).

I have US Women's Soccer Players Christine Lilly and Tisha Venturier's autographs as well as one from my mom's cousin's kid, Jamie Langenbrunner, who plays professional hockey. We have an autographed baseball with the Chicago Cubs players' names on it and an autographed Cubs program with former player LaTroy Hawkins' name on it. I have Anne Brashares' autograph on one of my Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books and another autograph by children's author Bruce Hale. I can't think of any more that we actually have now though.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I now have Tom Chambers autograph hes such a swwet person some of my autographs are personalized for example they eother have my name on or say best wishes, lots of love etc, but some people Like ELizabeth Carling, Tom Chambers and Carla Bonner will take time to write a little note which i think is really sweet as they must have such a busy schedule. *note to self need to write off for some more!*

Luv Meg
Xxxx
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

Meg wrote:I now have Tom Chambers autograph hes such a swwet person some of my autographs are personalized for example they eother have my name on or say best wishes, lots of love etc, but some people Like ELizabeth Carling, Tom Chambers and Carla Bonner will take time to write a little note which i think is really sweet as they must have such a busy schedule. *note to self need to write off for some more!*

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Sorry but could you tell me who those people are?
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

They're from Neightbours, Casualty and Holby City.

Carla Bonner (neighbours)

Elizabeth Carling (Casualty)

Tom Chambers (Holby City)

I'm also waiting for Jason Merrells (Waterloo Road a school drma over here)

Luv Meg
Xxxx