Autographs

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

George H
Getting settled in

Re: Autographs

Post by George H »

I have been collecting them for years. Far too many to mention, although I am sure that some got lost in a house move.

The panto season is a great time of year to get autographs. Over Christmas, all four members of the boyband Blue were appearing in pantomime, and I decided to set myself a challenge of getting all four of them. Got myself a blue (no pun intended) autograph book and sent it to various theatres around the country.

Lee Ryan appeared in Hayes and he signed it. Antony Costa appeared in Dunstable and he signed it. Duncan James appeared in Southampton and he signed it. Simon Webbe appeared in Nottingham but he was unable to sign it because apparently it was against procedure for the theatre to pass things onto the cast to be signed, and the irony is that I live in Nottingham myself and the theatre is local to me, yet I had no problems with the theatres hundreds of miles away. I am waiting to hear news of anything that he will be appearing in so that I have a chance of Simon signing my book! Antony and Duncan are appearing in the theatre in 2016, so I hope that Simon will as he did in 2015.

Three out of four isn't too bad, I suppose, but it's a bit like having a jigsaw puzzle piece missing.