The Sixth Sense

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mcewan90
Getting settled in

The Sixth Sense

Post by Mcewan90 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Hello!! has anyone ever had psychic experiences? strong intuition, sensing an atmosphere, remembering dreams. I used to have a lot of psychic experiences when i was younger but not so much now. has anyone else got some sort of sixth sense?

Jim
Super poster

Re: The Sixth Sense

Post by Jim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Well I have a intuition, and I know to trust it.

And yes occasionally I'll pick up on an odd atmosphere, have weird experiences, de va ju, or eery dreams.

But I don't think there's anything particulary psychic or paranormal about it. I don't believe in this talking to spirits, ghosts lark, I think there's as much chance of that kind of thing actually being a hulliciantion of the person claiming to experience it.

We do all after have different perceptions on reality.
Jim is back ... Jim is J i m and J i m is Jim.

Confused? I'd be.

pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 pm

i used to teach pyscich development, so how to open your mind, clear your chakra's cleanse your karma etc

but i do think this should be in General Chat as its not really to do with Dyspraxia! :P

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:44 am

By the power of suggestion an unseen hand has spirited this thread into the lounge in the middle of the night.

I"m afraid I'm a bit of a sceptic. However, I can at times be highly empathetic and pick up on peoples pain or people I hardly know will feel they want to confide in me.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am

Yes, several, tho the last was about 9 or 10 years ago now. I had a few weird experiences when I used to live in a flat in a bad area where there were lots of drug addicts and alcoholics. I mention that because some years after I moved I happened to read a book about a psychic and she mentioned that ghosts were more usually to be found in areas where there were drug addicts etc because they would be confused when they died and not realise they'd passed over...made me wonder...

But I'll relate one strange experience from about 25+ years ago (years before I moved into that flat). I went on a coach trip for a day out to Blackpool with my two sisters. Throughout the day, I kept intermittently smelling pipe smoke, it was so strong I even looked round in a shop to see who was smoking only to find nobody was. Didn't think to mention it until we were on the coach back and I smelled it one last time (you've guessed it - nobody was smoking on the coach either). That was when my older sister said she'd been smelling pipe smoke too on and off all day tho for her it had been strongest along the promenade. My younger sister was baffled however, she hadn't smelled any pipe smoke at all.

My Mum's family was originally from Blackpool and her brother, my late uncle, had smoked a pipe. So was it him trying to contact us? Some things in this world just can't be explained...

pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Tom, if we ever meet ill convert you :P

Maria, what book is that?

maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

pouvik wrote:Tom, if we ever meet ill convert you :P

Maria, what book is that?
I really wish I could remember (as I wouldn't mind reading it again myself) but it's at least four or five years ago that I bought it. I've moved house again since and I've no idea where it is now...

All I can recollect is that it was the autobiography of a psychic or psychic medium and the author was female. If I ever do come across it again tho, I will definitely let you know the title and author. Sorry not much help!

pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Ah then it is bull, a true medium wont charge or sell their stories, so if they are in a book then many wont consider them mediums, those on TV they are just as bad.

morgank82
Regular Poster

Post by morgank82 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 am

I have a six sense , with can read people with out talking to them. It's strange I am high sensitive to there aora globe around them it seems, that goes for thoughts unspoken also. I can pick up real easy and usually 95 percent right For situations or people. It can be a nightmare at times though, cuz it's like you always analyzing around you instead of yourself.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Tue May 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Not sure I have a sixth sense as such but I do constantly (or at feel the need to try to) analyse things
around me
This thread may be interesting too: http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... thy#p25158
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

DanTheOutlaw
Getting settled in

Post by DanTheOutlaw » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:39 pm

There is a difference between having a spooky, mystical sixth sense that doesn't exist and an ability to read people well or pick up on social queues or remember dreams.

People want to believe in mystical powers like speaking to ghosts because it indirectly suggests that you might live forever and this isn't everything and that thought comforts people.

It unfortunately isn't true though.

spheric91
New member - welcome them!

Post by spheric91 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 am

Yes! Once I dreamt that I went to an old boyfriends house and saw everything that was in there 8 months later I really went there for the first time and sensed a massive feeling of de ja vu

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 pm

I think I vacillate between not picking up on obvious nonverbal cues( particularly when under stress) and being hyperaware and having a very keen intuitive sense so it's sometimes hard to trust my intuition however experience has shown that quite often my intuitive sense is correct

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:02 pm

It looks like we're sceptics on the whole, thank no-god (that was a joke.) Lucid Dreams are pretty spectacular, but I haven't yet been convinced of psychic powers.

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:39 am

Yes, I once had a friend with whom I'd lost contact. Last time I'd seen him I knew he was in a bad place and romantically involved with a very manipulative person. One day I was sitting in a pizza shop waiting for my order and saw a pile of free weekly newspapers on top of a cigarette machine. I had a strong sense, a premonition, if you will, that his whereabouts could be found in the newspaper. I combed through every page of that paper, and there was the headline, "E----- B----- charged with embezzlement of $1.3 million from PNC Bank," so I called the newspaper and they told me to call the federal court house. I did and they gave me the name of his solicitor. I called the solicitor who gave me the phone number of the relative with whom he was staying while awaiting arraignment on the charges. I telephoned and the person who answered asked me to hold the line. I waited for what seemed to be a very long time. When he came to the phone he sounded very strange. I later found out that at the time of that call he was gathering pills in preparation to commit suicide. He didn't tell me that till he came back to the city for his arraignment.
Over the years I've found that I vacillate between being clueless( only if I'm preoccupied due to stress) to being highly intuitive, but this is probably the most extraordinary thing I've ever experienced.