Recipes to share

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

lauraECFan
Power poster

Recipes to share

Post by lauraECFan »

Thought I would open a topic so that everyone can share their favourite recipes :) Hope it comes in useful for those who want to expand on their cooking skills
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: Recipes to share

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I can boil a mean egg if that helps ? :grin: when I'm not scolding myself that is.
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

Captain_Ludd wrote:I can boil a mean egg if that helps ? :grin: when I'm not scolding myself that is.
:lol: i see what u mean
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

Sofrito
This is a recipe found only in corfu and is really nice. Hope that you all enjoy

Cut 1 kg of beef into slices. Add salt and pepper and cover with flour. The flour will serve as the basis of the sauce.
Fry the slices of meat in a pan in olive oil until they are golden brown. Take them out of the pan.
Fry in the same pan 8-10 finely chopped cloves of garlic and 1 finely chopped bunch of parsley for 3-4 minutes.
Add 2 glasses of white wine and a little vinegar and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pan to dissolve the rests of the flour.
Add the slices of meat and a little water and simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce thickens. Be careful because the sauce will start sticking at the bottom of the pan. Scrape carefully with a wooden spoon.
Serve with rice and/or mashed potatoes
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
nwoguvivian94
New member - welcome them!

Post by nwoguvivian94 »

What a fantastic initiative to start a thread for sharing favorite recipes! Cooking is such a wonderful way to connect and learn from each other. If you're still looking for something versatile and delicious, you might want to try making your own Homemade Yum Yum Sauce. It's a flavorful condiment that can elevate a variety of dishes. You can find here the yum yum sauce recipe and step-by-step instructions.

Feel free to explore the different recipes that others share here and don't hesitate to try out new flavors and ingredients. Even though the thread is from a while ago, the joy of sharing recipes and culinary experiences never gets old.
Last edited by nwoguvivian94 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

nwoguvivian94 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:41 pm What a fantastic initiative to start a thread for sharing favorite recipes! Cooking is such a wonderful way to connect and learn from each other. If you're still looking for something versatile and delicious, you might want to try making your own Homemade Yum Yum Sauce.
Please note your activity in the group is being monitored and any advertising links posted without Admin pre-approval will earn you a ban.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)