Recent posts

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

What should be done about these posters?

report them
100%
leave them to it
No votes

Total votes: 3

lauraECFan
Power poster

Recent posts

Post by lauraECFan »

Hey everyone have you noticed that some users are posting either long unrelated posts with links and also just links to your topics? To me they seem to be trying to over ride the topics that we are posting about. If you agree to this post back.
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Recent posts

Post by Tom fod »

They're spammers and I guess their posts are infilled with random text to get around settings to try and prevent their annoying us with their just posting their links.

Avoid clicking on their links it is possible they may take you to dodgy areas of the web. Hopefully the moderators will get round to cleaning up and deleting the false accounts and posts they've created.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Hi,

You need to report it, I have appointed a new moderator today, and will also be on the lookout for some more to keep on top of the problem.

I have added all the spam prevention I can to the forum, so I am at a loss what to do other than grow the team to manage the issue.
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I know its annoying but just report it and yes don't click on the links it MAY put scanning viruses on your computer and that really messes up your day at the least it just encourages them by going to there websight.

I think this is a problem with the forum provider (php) I am on another forum and I have never once had the problem its not as a post has to be checked first but probably down to the that server / forum provider (ning).
The real Mr Potato Head