Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Im thinking of getting skype- but when I googled it, there turns out to be a variety of different things you can get, like the handset phone/ headset. Has anyone got skype? Where did you get it/ what was it you got and how much??? Also- how many ppl here have it? I dont wanna get it unless it is financially worth my while ;)
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

what is it?
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Its a system whereby you can make FREE PHONECALLS to anyone else on the same system; ie- you could call someone in New Zealnd from the USA for free if you were both on skype. All you have to do is buy the phone/ headset which in the UK are at the cheapest £12 (about $25?).... im going to try and convince everyone i kn ow via the web to get one so that its worthwhile, lol; so you MUST GET ONE, ALL OF YOU!!! NOW!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I use Skype for all of my international calls. To landlines in North America, Europe and some other places it works out at 1p per minute, whereas if the other person uses Skype too it's completely free!

In terms of the equipment you need, you would need either a headset or a USB Skype phone (which is what I use). You can also get a Skype box, which you can plug your normal phone into, and use your existing phone for both Skype and normal calls. You also need a broadband internet connection. The software is free.

I used to use international call companies such as Onetel and Alpha Telecom and in the vast majority of cases the quality of the Skype call is superior and less prone to problems.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

I have skype and it's fab. My husband does all the clever computer stuff and he got it so I'm afraid I can't say anything beyond that.
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

I have set up an account but haven't got a phone for it.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Getting settled in

Post by Thirteen-thirty-seven »

I don't make international calls, so it's not much use to me.
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

GOOD NEWS!!!! My mate has a skype headset that she doesnt want- so Im getting one tommorow AND FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Danni
Getting settled in

Post by Danni »

I've been using Skype from the beginning, and I use a Poundland microphone and headphones with it (as I also DJ for an online radio station I had them already.

It does make things cheaper :P