Marksmanship

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Marksmanship

Post by calumfsinclair »

I was just wondering if anyone else does target rifle shooting, because I'm quite a good shot and the team vice captain but I struggle to get the consistency holding the rifle and keeping the position as I'm not overly aware of the position of my limbs. So in short, does anyone have anything that can help with consistency and improving keeping a good position every time, that can help me hit the target every time?
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Marksmanship

Post by Tom fod »

Not by any means an expert on this having not done any formal target shooting. Can you choose what position you shoot from and/or use a bipod?

Also isn't being comfortable in the position you adopt equally important though I guess you may be like me in not being all that good at remaining still for too long?

My shooting experience goes from struggling with a .177 air rifle to hit a 2 in? target from about 10ft when I was say aged ten to firing a pistol, assault rifle and the FN Minimi Squad Automatic weapon at a range in Las Vegas in 2008.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Re: Marksmanship

Post by calumfsinclair »

I knew it was a long shot, get it, but I guess you can't get advice without asking in the first place!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!