Winter Olympics

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

Winter Olympics

Post by Daniel »

I've never been skiing myself, but I do like watching winter sports, and the Winter Olympics have just started and I love watching it! I suspect it's because there's such a heap of snow everywhere which, let's face it, is a fairly rare sight in the UK!

Is anyone else watching the Olympics? Do you have a favourite event?

(Winter Olympics website: http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/OlympicGa ... index.html)
Danni
Getting settled in

Post by Danni »

I'm watching it :D

My favourites are the bobsleigh and figure skating. Bobsleigh cos it's so fast, and figure skating because it's beautiful (and also me wanting to be able to do it, but knowing I'll never be able to- I can just about iceskate though :P)
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

I like the summer one better, but in the winter one I like to watch the figure skating. I like Michelle Kwan. She's my favorite skater, unfortunately she hurt her groin and is out of the Olympics. :-({|= :*( So very sad. She has gotten silver both times previous to this and I was hoping she'd finally get the gold. I am still going to watch though. Maybe I will find another favorite skater. I also like watching the pairs and the women's downhill ski. I think skeleton is kind of cool but scary. Also, women's hockey is cool. =D> =D>

For the summer one I like the gymastics (women's and men's). I am a big fan of the Hamm twins and Blaine Wilson. I also like Carly Patterson and the other women on the 2004 team. =D> I like to watch track, cycling, swimming (yeah Michael Phelps) =D> , Women's soccer (yeah Mia Hamm, Julie Foudy, Christine Lilly, Brandi Chastain and the other teammates of the Olympic Champ 2004 US Team!!) =D> , and I watch men's and women's volleyball. =D>
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Hee hee; one of the things I like best about you Shanna is your ability to be enthusisatic about EVERYTHING; I think its great!!! :) :) :)

Iv not been watching the Olympics; although I would love to go snowboarding/ bobslieghing; doth look fun!!
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

fuzzy wrote:Hee hee; one of the things I like best about you Shanna is your ability to be enthusisatic about EVERYTHING; I think its great!!! :) :) :)
Thanks, Fuzz! \:D/ You totally rock!! \:D/
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

*the fuzzball bows*
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Curling is the sport I like.
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

I watched a little of the pairs skate last night. It was good. The Americans did not do so well, but they tried this move that no one had ever done before and so they made history that way. =D> I don't know who won, but congrats to them (whoever it was)!! =D> \:D/