Alphas

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

BinaryBovine
Getting settled in

Alphas

Post by BinaryBovine »

I've been watching this new series on TV called Alphas, I think its on Watch and SciFy its my favourite series for so many reasons.

It follows a group of neuro diverse people who have special skills and abilities derived from their different neurology.
Like a kid whos severely autistic, but can see and manipulate electronic waves and frequencies- he can hack into almost anything without even needing a computer, but because of his autism he's socially not aware of other peoples feelings, and he also has to stick to a very strict daily schedule. I love this series because it shows people who are different from the norm, and though they struggle with their differences they also use them to do what no normal person can... they're a bit like superheroes to me.

Just to clarify it is fiction as far as I know, but wouldn't it be great if it really happened?

I remember when I was younger how I longed to be a superhero... to be different but in a good way... I never once saw dyspraxia as anything but a hindrance, a disability till I came here and saw how other people turned it into a positive thing. So this is why I love scifi, and superheroes- because almost every superhero feels he doesn't belong, doesn't fit in because he's different. Thats how I felt every day growing up.
Socially awkward penguin