Holiday Destinations

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

lauraECFan
Power poster

Re: Holiday Destinations

Post by lauraECFan »

I can't stand sunny places, I hate it being hot, I run for the shade as soon as the temperature hits about 22 degrees!![/quote]

Each to their own :grin:
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

Luckley i have been a quite a fue places in my time, espshly when i was younger - hongkong / china, Australia, USA, Europe to name a fue and they are really interesting but it does cost.

A good fue years ago i have been to the Caribbean - that was probably the best holiday ever.

I spend a lot of time in grease (create) and I have to say that is a good place to go.

If you don't like the hot weather then i think the other place to go would be Scandinavia - Norway, Sweden etc probably in the summer as it wont be too cold I haven't been there but I would like to.
The real Mr Potato Head
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

my fav. is the Isle of Wight, it is cheap enough to goto so take 3 friends down there, but only last year we actually went camping there for a couple of days, but it was touch and go on the ferry as we had the hurrican over the uk the night before, so it damaged my tent poles a little, and all the ferry's had stopped by 8pm the night before,

and so they were running all the ferrys by the conditions, so could stop at any moment, but the amount of damage to the campsite, then surprised my tent actually survived fairly well, but we had to secure it to my car, and position the car to shelter the tent from one direction of wind. the garden string isn't very good though, so be buying stronger string this year!! but possibly do it around the August this year, as it was still pretty cold June last year.

but apart from that went to Euro Disney a year after it opened, and Rhodes in Greece
Square12
Getting settled in

Post by Square12 »

Worked as a holiday rep in Tunisia (all along the east coast), Corfu (Kassiopi but had to know about whole island), Costa del Sol and Menorca in Spain plus now live in Madrid, Romania (Brasov), Andorra (Soldeu) & Marmaris in Turkey so any questions on any of them feel free to ask.
Regarding Romania & Andorra, these were both ski resorts, I found skiing a nightmare, you have to be aware of and coordinate all four limbs at once, but with snowboarding the only important thing is keeping your head above the board and steer the board with your front leg.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Travelling have always been in our blood, even though I have not had much work experience. I think visiting other countries on holiday is important, learning about other cultures etc.

As well last year we went to Cuba, which was an eye opened, it was sad to see people having to queue up outside the supermarket (most of the shelves were bare) but the Cubans made us very welcome. The hotel was fantastic, food fantastic. Locals were very friendly.

During the 90s my parents took me and my sister first took us to Scarborough where we stayed in the same hotel/guest house three years running, twice in the same room. Sadly a few years ago when my parents went back up to Scarborough the guest house is no longer there.

Spain was always done at Spring bank for 2 weeks (in fact a couple of years ago we stayed in the same hotel the 2nd time we went to Spain)

Greece was done from 1995-2005 with a 2 year gap in 2003-2004 instead we went to Portugal

Egypt and Tunisia was done in Easter for a couple of years, one of the hotel entertainment staff in Egypt the 2nd time wanted to marry me
thepast123
New member - welcome them!

Post by thepast123 »

Lady Fluff wrote:I suppose it depends if you have any climate preference, but I went to Copenhagen in 2009 and loved it - very expensive, but a wonderful city!
I had a lovely holiday in Malta some years ago too, well worth a visit conejo valley, though it was far too hot for me really.
Hello,
I also went to Copenhagen in 2011. It's very beautiful city to visit, because there are many interesting places to see.:evilb: :banana: