Songwriting

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Songwriting

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

I actuallu have written most of my songs with verses except one because I wanted to wait until I was able to play the guitar. I lost my verses for all my songs because I only wrote them on a pad 6 years ago and now that pad is gone so I have lost the lyrics to all my songs and I can't remember any verses to my songs.

What do you think of this chorus to my song Live a little:

Live a little
Dream a little
Take one step at a time
Take what you want
and leave the rest behind
Just take what you see
and give it some time
You'l be alright if you just try.

Could I have your comments to my chorus from my alternative rock song please!!!

Could you give me some tips please on songwriting and how to improve it please???

Also how to pick and put suitable music to my songs to make them sound better and more real???

How do I know which intro to give my songs???

How can I make sure that I make a chorus which suits the title of my songs and also put verses to the songs please,because now all the words comes together tied together, run by one in a form of a tune which doesn't give me anytime to choose a chorus and verse. The words are kinda stringed together and they come to me unexpectedly when I am on my own in the silence and I can't remember any of them. The songs which I create tend to be in various types of genres.

"Thank you!!!

WB....
:D
Amy Conway
RockNRoll
New member - welcome them!

Re: Songwriting

Post by RockNRoll »

Well songwriting is a challenging prospect in many ways, from a musical background at least. Lots of different tones to fit moods, lots of different harmonies, at least vocally. It is a huge thing to do and grasp. Best suggestion would be to listen to yourself and who you are and what you want. You can copy someone else but it's you who's the artist and that's the important thing.

Music, requires a lot of patience and time. Most of the bands that you hear these days get months or weeks to put an album together, some of them break up and take years to write new material. It's always better to follow your heart when writing music, well that's how I feel about it anyway.