13%
Not an animal fan
4%

Total votes: 46

Remus
Regular Poster

Pets!

Post by Remus »

So I was wondering, are you guys fellow pets owners and if so, what pets do you have? Dogs? Cats? Chinchilla? :lol:

I own four cats, 3 females and 1 male as well as one goldfish (did have two but he sadly passed awhile ago).

There is my little Dylan although he's not so small now.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Creative
Super poster

Re: Pets!

Post by Creative »

I love the picture Remus. :D

I have a black cat called Yum Yum.
brian
Getting settled in

Post by brian »

Oh great Remus is infesting me with more of his animal loving nonsense.
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

Creative wrote:I love the picture Remus. :D

I have a black cat called Yum Yum.
Thanks! Don't let the cute factor fool you though. He quite the devil when he was to be. :evilb: The little biter! :D

Aww... what a cute and original name. Does it stand for something? Sounds Japanese to me.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

currently just one hamster, as the other passed away on Feb 27th :*( Might be getting another next month though as I love my hammies!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

Lady Fluff wrote:currently just one hamster, as the other passed away on Feb 27th :*( Might be getting another next month though as I love my hammies!
Sorry to hear that. Poor little things. They have such short lifespans.

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

used to have 2 dogs, but things got too much, and after they went, then didn't bother again.

but just look after parents cats, and they exercise the puppy!! well that is before they turn and start hissing at the puppy. we have tried warning her, but the only problem with a spanner dog, is either they have a loose nut or two, or warnings including the cats swipping is falling on deaf ears. so constantly got to keep reminding her.

the biggest problem is, is that the one cat is a rescue cat that we have had for nearly a year, and she has only calmed down enough to start playing with the other cat. well having the puppy has helped with that, so they were both sat together on the stairs like partners in crime and sort of laughing until last week when the puppy finally built enough courage, and leg length to actually get up, and downstairs.

but as both cats are (supposed to be!!) indoor cats, then they have kind of had nowhere to hide from her since. but as it is getting warmer, then the rescue cat is outside a lot more now. I think it was because she was found in the woods when we had the snow in Jan/Feb last year, then she really doesn't like the cold. she would go out, as she knew from last summer that she wouldn't be locked out. but she would only go out to check that the garden was still there, and straight to the back door 5-10 minutes later.

but yes, the cats have been getting on a lot better since the puppy. now they both got something in common (they both hate the puppy!!).
Magic_Lemur
Regular Poster

Post by Magic_Lemur »

I swear my Dog is Dyspraxic!

They say Dogs pick their owners & it's very true in this case.

1) He's a Jack Russell & is very, very stubborn. (This probs isn't dyspraxic but...)
2) When I call him, he's often in his own little World & ignores it.
3) When he's 1 metre away & I gesture and call him to come in, he normally gives me an incredulous look like he doesn't understand, even though he's done it 100 times before.
4) When he's in the wrong, a normal dog would pick the 'I'm Sorry' look, or a correct emotional response. Odo picks the 'I'm completely confused' look & hence he has to be fully guided as to what he's 2 do next.
5) He often greets other dogs in such a Hyperactive, yet quirky way that they all want to start a fight with him.
Has anyone else had this when people seem on a different wavelength & so react with hostility to your strange ways?

He hasn't done anything really clumsy yet, but I think he's somewhere on the spectrum & he's definitely not your normal hound...
"But only 1 in 10 survives all danger.
When walking thru the jungle,..
He never fears tigers
as there's no place to sink his claws,...

This is the fulfilled person of the Tao
who has no mortal spot."

Tao Te Ching Verse 50
Lizzi
Getting settled in

Post by Lizzi »

Ah some fellow animal lovers! :) What a beautiful picture of the cat too!

Well..I erm...have rather alot of pets :blush:

Around 60 fancy rats. I show and breed them but primaily they are my friends/companions whatever you wnat to call them. I love them!!!

I also have 2 rabbits and a guinea pig. we also have a german shepard called Lucas whos a bit nutty but we love him anyway :lol:
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

Lizzi wrote:Around 60 fancy rats. I show and breed them but primaily they are my friends/companions whatever you wnat to call them. I love them!!!
Aww... I love fancy rats! They are cute. Back when I used volunteer down at Nature Centre, I used to work in the Rodent House quite a lot and there were my favourite rodents to work with. I don't get why some people are so scared of them.

conor
Getting settled in

Post by conor »

ive a common cat,called dj,parents have to mind him cause were i live doesnt allow cats....
guesty
New member - welcome them!

Post by guesty »

I have 1 dog, 2 cats , 1 tortoise and a goldfish-

Junior (dog)- Had him since i was 5 years old, so he's kind of like my best friend :D . Really friendly golden retriever, although he does drool quite a lot :-& .

Suzie (cat)- She a mean little moggy! and will only like attention when shes in a good mood, she despises the other cat and can't be in the same room together. She a mixed color short haired tabby.

Ozzie (cat)- probably the opposite of Suzie, as he loves any attention he can possibly get!! and can't stand to see his plate empty :grin:. he's a white fluffy Persian mixed with tabby.

Shelton (tortoise)- Bloody annoying when your trying to cut the grass! for a tortoise he's quite a fast mover.

Klaus (goldfish)- Well it's a goldfish...
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

What an unusual name for a cat. DJ... I like it! :)

Aww... Junior sounds totally adorable minus the drooling.

conor
Getting settled in

Post by conor »

Well me being a "DJ",i thought it was appropriate...
Xistens
Getting settled in

Post by Xistens »

I have three cats: