13%
Not an animal fan
4%

Total votes: 46

gherkin001
Super poster

Re: Pets!

Post by gherkin001 »

I have the worlds weirdest cat! Chloe is 2 years old, and actually has a tantrum if she doesnt get her bath whenever she wants it, to the point that she will go and roll in something nasty to give us no choice but to bath her. ](*,) :) Im sure she thinks she's part dog... she suits her nickname very well.... Small and Stupid :)

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

2 huge cats (the female currently weighs almost 2 stone cos it never moves :) ) some coy carp and four mice (well actually my sisters)
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

went out to buy a new laptop on Sunday. I still have no laptop, but came home with this lovely little lady:

I've named her Flora. She's 4 months old and was in a rescue because the pet shop didn't know how to sex hamsters properly and she ended up pregnant. By the time her litter was weaned, she was considered "too old" for general sale :( She's still quite nervous, but I'm confident she'll be fully tame in no time.
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
JamesStanley
Getting settled in

Post by JamesStanley »

I have two leopard geckos named Jack and Sam Jack is a carrot tail morph and i think sam is an enigma but im not certain
Iame
Getting settled in

Post by Iame »

We have two dogs, both Labradors. Six snakes, four Corns, one baby Boa and a baby Milksnake. A mouse and two fish tanks with assorted fish in them. We did have another mouse but it died, a cockatiel who is at my Mams, four turtles, a beardy and a cat. My Dad has the cat now though and one of the dogs is at my GFs Mams house coz I only have a upstairs flat which the council conned me into signing for but that's a different story.

I'd love to have a parrot or Mynah bird but they are alo of money. I think if we did get one it would start saying random things in funny voices like I do though or it would end up saying naughty words. It might also start saying 'walkies' to the dog too or torment her some other way repeating what we say when it's her dinner time lol.
JamesStanley
Getting settled in

Post by JamesStanley »

I Still have Jack but Sam died about a month after i got her the vet said the shop should have even sold her to me
Iame
Getting settled in

Post by Iame »

Since my last post I'm minus a mouse :( But did buy a baby Congo African Grey n named her Luna :) If I could do the image thing here a bit easier then I'd upload a photo.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I thought you pet owners would like this:
EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY

Day number 180
8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!
10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!
4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Day number 181

Day number 182
1:30 pm - ooooooo. bath. bummer.

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little
dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to
eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of
escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of
furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around
their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the
top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile
oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair...must try this on their bed.
DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless
body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try
to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about
what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no
good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck
between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their
accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odour of what they call "pizza." More
importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and
maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to
return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be
an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my
every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is
assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

There is a set of books witht same kind of idea in mind: Diary of a Killer Cat and other titles along the same lines....hilarious
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I've read one of those books. They are very funny. :D :grin:
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

Yeah, I saw that in www.thepoke.net. check it out. Really funny
Eva in London
meow
Regular Poster

Post by meow »

At my parents house we have a cat called Wonky. He came to us because his previous owners stopped looking after him for a kitten... I'll post pictures of him later when I'm not in uni.

I want a pet now, but I wouldn't have a pet where I'm living as it is too noisy and people have house parties and drink :( . However, when my boyfriend and I move in together we'll be getting a cat and it'll be awesome. I love cats.

I also used to have a pet rat too. They're lovely pets.
abby
Getting settled in

Post by abby »

i can't have pets here, but at my parents house, i have a dog, indie, daft but adorable, my little hunter, joie (she is called my little hunter because she gives me her big kills), a tank full of fish, and a few chickens.
i really wish i culd bring joie with me, i miss her purring warmth on my feet,and i miss having her to hold. but 1 she is a country cat, and im in a town, 2 i am not allowed pets here, 3 eddie, even though he hates her, would not let me take her, just to spite me.
you cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I have a cat called Electra, Lexie for short, she is a tortoise shell and so cute this is her a while ago sunning herself, being lazy!

wade
New member - welcome them!

Post by wade »

I have 7 guineapigs (Puzzle, Fifi, Rasta, Clementime, Popcorn, Socks and Ziggy Stardust), 2 cats (Boris and Daisy), 1 rabbit (Bilbo-baggings), 1 chinchilla (pippen) and 1 snake (roofeeo).

All my animals are rescued :)
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I have the kitten now, and she is 4 months old, been a right little madam, as I live by myself, then she only has me to turn to. but trying to do loads with her, so taking her out in the car, letting her see my friends.

the only down side to it all is I am mainly awake during nights most of the time, and she loves early mornings. so we had a few problems there, like I was basically forced to leave friends place at like 11 or 12, and get home, and then straight to bed, and then get woken up by her at like 7 am. but even though I would make sure she had food down, she would wake me up to go, and have her food, as she wouldn't leave my side.

but while it was annoying in another way it was good that she felt like that. but the passed couple of weeks she has started going to her bowl by herself, and leaving me have my beauty sleep!! so now we are getting on better.

and she is allowing me to go on the pc more, either by laying on the bed beside me, or on my lap. so atm. I am leaning onto my bed from my arm chair to type this message. as she is sleeping on my lap. even though I need to goto the shop...well, my friend just driven passed, and sounded his horn outside, so now she is awake, and I can finally move again.