Facebook

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Creative
Super poster

Facebook

Post by Creative »

What do you think of Facebook? I only joined recently and I like it so far. :)
Evasura
Power poster

Re: Facebook

Post by Evasura »

It has a lot of crap, but it's also good to keep in touch with friends ,especially if you live far from them. Watch out if youhave an obsessive personality, you might end up checking it every two minutes (like I do aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!). Be careful who you accept as a friend.
Eva in London
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I live on facebook! Seriously, it doesnt matter what else Im doing online, I have a tab open on facebook all the time :)
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I mainly live on facebook, but usually just the games, but yes, b4 adding friends make sure only certain friends can see your details, otherwise you might have an apidemic of phone calls etc.

like most of my facebook friends can't see anything about me, and only certain groups can see anything about me, like created new groups, and put my friends in one group, family in another, and those online friends in another, and forum members into another group.

so that say I don't want to be contacted by a group then I can tell facebook to knock me offline with that group, and yes I have got an annoying personal friend and he is in a totally seperate group!! so that I am hardly ever online to him, as he is hard work trying to talk to, as only sends 1/2 a message, or links all the time. and with the fact I can't read fast enough, then he is constantly nagging for a response. so yes first thing to do is set up your list of friends, and what information the groups can see, and any annoying friends into a group you don't mind being offline from!!
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

I don't like Facebook at all. I just find it a total time waster. Plus when I did have an account, I just felt constantly paranoid about people on there. Nah, personally I like a good old fashioned email. :)

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I think it is a bit of a time waster but I seem to be spending far too much time on it!
brian
Getting settled in

Post by brian »

I just really go on it to check status updates but I think it will be nice in the summer after I have finished secondary school because I will still be in touch with a few of my class mates.
And27
Getting settled in

Post by And27 »

I'm with you Remus, I got far too paranoid about it. Mind you it didn't help that my ex was flirting with one of my so-called friends via her wall. I got rid of him and my Facebook account and feel loads better. Email is where its at for me! ;)
Owen
Getting settled in

Post by Owen »

I think it is quite shallow. I loved it at first because i was working at a theme park and most of the park seems to be on it.But once it finished i found myself getting bored of people telling me about their wonderful social lives especially as i can't afford to live like that. I think it is pretty stupid really when surely the best way to interact is to see each other face to face yet it seems today there is a growing trend to interact in cyberspace. Also i wasn't keen to let people know what i had been up to as i know most wouldn't be interested! I think it is okay for young ones but when you reach your thirties it is time to find some other outlet! I was on the bus the other day and this woman was talking to her friend about her facebook account and she was like in her forties i just found it a bit amusing to be so engrossed in it at that age!
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

good thing of facebook: it's quite useful to let all your friends know at the same time when you've lost your mobile. The last time it was a nightmare to get all the numbrs again. This time, just put a note on facebook and everyone sent me their numbers - yey!
Eva in London
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

before facebook came a long i rarely kept in contact with friends and it was just the usual phone call, text and email but even that was just limited two friends. But now it's opened up my social life and i love chatting to my cousins, old friends from school/college and work and also i have joined many groups and fan pages. The games are sooo addictive. :D As soon as facebook arrived i jumped for joy literally x
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)