Harry Potter

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Creative
Super poster

Harry Potter

Post by Creative »

I'm on the 4th book now. Have you read them and if so what did you think?
Liz944
Super poster

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Liz944 »

Hope you enjoy the book! Won't tell you what happens.... :)
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Ive read them all... the 4th one is very good, dont want to spoil it for you though lol.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I've read them all too and loved them, such a great read!!!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I've read them all. The last 3 I finished the day they came out :-# I need to re-read some, but don't really have the time at the moment.
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
cat27
Getting settled in

Post by cat27 »

They are all brilliant! but i found the last book some what confusing,but i won't say anymore though! :) enjoy!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I can't sit down to read, so I won't be getting the books anytime soon, as I only tend to read in 10 minute spurts at most, anymore and Harry will turn me into a frog so I say read-it!!
girlygirl333
Getting settled in

Post by girlygirl333 »

My kids (ages 14 and 7) and I are huge Harry Potter fans. I read the first 5 within a day to two days of getting them. We've gone to a few of the book release parties (4, 5, 6 and 7..I believe). I only made it half way through book 6 :^( and haven't even started 7! I know disgraceful isn't it??? I just don't have the time to read. I can't read a chapter here or there...I devour books, especially these. I have to be able to sit and read cover to cover. I have family and friends that are threatening to tell me things about the books if I don't hurry up and get them read. lol.

Now my daughter is all into the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, so she's pushing me to get started on those.
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

"Harry Potter" is my absolute favorite book series! I have read the first four books a great many times and plan to read the other three just as many or more times. I got into it when I was fourteen and the fourth book had just come out. I was what I call a "first generation" Potter fan because many my age started reading it when they were the same age or around the same age as Harry.

At first, I didn't pick up the book because I was only in the seventh grade and I was not fast at reading at all. But then, my sister's friend's mom lent us the "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" cassette tapes and we listened to them in the car on the way to my grandma's house. We couldn't stop listening to them. The listening got me into reading them and now I'm a much faster reader and I read many kinds of books. J.K. Rowling also inspired me to want to write my own book someday. :) "Harry Potter" has changed my life. Period.

It is the best book series ever in my entirely biased opinion. For if anyone can get a fourteen-year-old who doesn't like to read very much but loves hearing stories to actually read a whole 300 + page book, then they deserve a medal or something. I was that kid who sat taking hours reading "The Boxcar Children" series and "Nancy Drew" series (along with a few others when my mom read with me). And after not getting into them after a while (because I was too old for them), I was bored of reading. But since I still loved listening J.K. Rowling got to me. I owe her a lot. "Harry Potter" gave me new hobbies, strength, and inspiration and he's very human so I can relate to his troubles. Every time I read it I figure out something new and I guess, in a nutshell, that is why I love "Harry Potter."
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
JamesStanley
Getting settled in

Post by JamesStanley »

Ive read the whole series and loved them waiting for the final films to come out.