The World Cup Thread

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattie
Regular Poster

The World Cup Thread

Post by mattie »

Since there's only about 70-80 days to go before the World Cup starts, I wondered if anyone on here is interested in football or the World Cup?

What do you think of England's chances etc?

Mattie.
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Well, I think that England will get through the group stages with no problems at all. I then think, if everything goes to form, it will be an England -Brazil semi-final and I think the winner of that will play Germany in the final. I would like to think that will be England, but it depends if everyone will stay fit, if we suffer a big injury, like with Beckham last time, I think the odds will be stacked against us.
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

I have to say I have never been much of a football fan.

I do like watching the Commonwealth games at the moment though.
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

THIS YEAR IS SCOTLANDS YEAR- WE SHALL PREVAIL!!! YOU ANGLO SAXONS WILL FALL, I TELL YOU, FAAAAAALLLLL!!!

Iv had my moment!

Fuzz
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

In the interests of cross-border harmony, it has to be said that both England and Scotland are doing pretty well in the Commonwealth Games (as have the Isle of Man!). Not half as well as Australia, but they do have home turf advantage, and we can but home that we reap such benefits in 2012.

I personally don't take any interest in football aside from when it's world cup time, when I'm happy to see favourite countries do well. (Fuzzy - note countries - plural, lol!)
mattie
Regular Poster

Post by mattie »

I guess the big question is whether Rooney's injury will affect England's chances of doing well in the World Cup. I'd like to think that they can still do well without him, but surely their chances of winning the tournament have suffered a severe blow. :*(

Apparently. there is still a chance that he could play in the latter stages, though, if England were to qualify from their group. O:)

Mattie.
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

11 players make a team not one. He's a good player, but you can't rely on any one individual.