Photography

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

James91
New member - welcome them!

Photography

Post by James91 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am

Firstly, I couldn't see another thread relating to photography so if there is i apologise.

I have been doing photography as a hobby since I took up the subject back in school. I have always enjoyed it and I guess a lot of it makes sense to me, it's the one thing I've taken interest in where most of the techniques make sense, it also thankfully doesn't always require a lot of hand eye coordination, I often have lop sided horizons though :-k

Any other photography people here?

Andrew_S_Hatton
Regular Poster

Re: Photography

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm

I am sorry no one has responded.

i used to enjoy photography and still have a broken 35mm camera somewhere - or at least a jammed up one but I have not seriously taken any pictures for ages - which reminds me I need to have a portait photo done so I can apply for my replacement driving licence to use after my 70th birthday in two months.

I hope that some more responses are forthcoming now.

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm

I like to have a go and some friends have commented favourably on some of my photos.

Have toyed with idea of getting a bridge camera.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:51 pm

I used to do motorsport photography and nearly made it into a career until I ran out money & time to invest into it.

For me, getting into photography was a side affect of blagging a media pass to cover F1 testing and hence get closer to the action than joe public.

To be brutally honest I haven’t developed into as good a photographer as I would like but that’s down the sheer lack of practice as I don’t actually do it very often and I tend to let my girlfriend take all the pictures on holiday via the camera on her phone.

Most of this is laziness as I can’t be bothered getting out there to find interesting subjects at good times or to lug all the equipment around :lol:

If anyone is interested in seeing any of my photos, search for James North on Flickr. I’m the first James North on the list, and your’ll know it’s me as I’m wearing a ‘see you Jimmy’ hat in my avatar.
Jim is back ... Jim is J i m and J i m is Jim.

Confused? I'd be.