Films

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

lauraECFan
Power poster

Films

Post by lauraECFan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:20 pm

hi all. just thought i would put up a thread where we can discuss films. feel free to talk about reasons you love/hate a film :)
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Films

Post by Tom fod » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:51 pm

So what are your favourite films/most disliked films?

I can't think of any films I particularly hate.

Three n Out with Mackenzie Crook is darkly comic n sad yet happy. I tend to like films that others' haven't even heard of! I do like a good horror too.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 pm

my favourite films are most probably the alien and paranormal activity series. i dont like titanic much yes i know it is a true event but im not really into it
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it

Begel
New member - welcome them!

Post by Begel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Favourite i think Godfather :P
Serial? Sopranos !

Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 pm

I love American Hustle.

Maximus12

Post by Maximus12 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:14 pm

I like gangster films- The Godfather is probably my favourite but I really liked The Departed as well.

boopidoop

Post by boopidoop » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:00 am

Too many to pick from... I think Airplane! and Kung Fury are tied right now for favourite, and Birdemic can go die in a hole

Simon
Getting settled in

Post by Simon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 am

I don't like horror or scary movies they make me to nervous, jumpy :)
I like action movies and humor.

All time favorites Ace ventura, can watch these over and over.
I really like Jim Carry, the first movie I ever bought was The Mask (on a videocassette) :)

Also Quentin Tarantino movies, because they're so unpredictable I guess.
Time is something that may change me, but I can't change time so f*** it.

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 pm

My favorite film is 'doubt' with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams---written like a Greek Tragedy---there is no answer to the doubt but everyone has one, and the answer is always their projection because there is no proof either way.

Code_Inconnu

Post by Code_Inconnu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

I'm a bit of a film addict, so I won't be able to fit all my favourites in this post!

'Doubt' is indeed a good film; compelling and well acted.

I'm a big fan of Michael Haneke and Todd Solondz, and have seen most of their films. 'Cache' Haneke's best and 'Happiness' is Solondz best, in my opinion. Both are full on, theme-wise.

In the horror genre, Ben Wheatley's 'Kill List' is one of my favourites. 'Paranormal Activity' was a clever, but like most horror films it became an overcooked franchise with a story arc that became ridiculous. 'The Exorcist' is also a classic, though these days it looks like more of a drama than a horror.

I quite like Kubrick and Tarantino; haven't seen all their films but they're usually quite impressive, bar a few duds.

I think I might stop there before I get carried away...

allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:05 am

The assasination of Giannini Versaci

The docudrama, 'The Keepers' about the Catholic Church sex abuse scandel and murder mystery

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:19 am

Code_Inconnu wrote:I'm a bit of a film addict, so I won't be able to fit all my favourites in this post!

'Doubt' is indeed a good film; compelling and well acted.

I'm a big fan of Michael Haneke and Todd Solondz, and have seen most of their films. 'Cache' Haneke's best and 'Happiness' is Solondz best, in my opinion. Both are full on, theme-wise.

In the horror genre, Ben Wheatley's 'Kill List' is one of my favourites. 'Paranormal Activity' was a clever, but like most horror films it became an overcooked franchise with a story arc that became ridiculous. 'The Exorcist' is also a classic, though these days it looks like more of a drama than a horror.

I quite like Kubrick and Tarantino; haven't seen all their films but they're usually quite impressive, bar a few duds.

I think I might stop there before I get carried away...
There's a horror film I really love called It Follows.

I adore films, but there are simply so many excellent films that I can't really say what my favourites are. I'd constantly be changing my mind, even after posting.

Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Jim Jarmusch movies cause this is like looks my life. I am sure in e ery movie he have at least one dyapracix person. I forget name of my favourite movie made by him. But it's that one when Tom Waits with that Italian guy escape and it's total chaos exactly like at my brain. Yes and hitching guide to galaxy how is always something change and it seems funny with touch of deep philosphy.