Comedy

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Comedy

Postby Tom fod » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:58 pm

So given the Edinburgh Fringe is on I've decided to raise the subject of comedy. Being Dyspraxic I find having a wacky sense of humour helps me say (relatively) sane.

What's the best worst joke you know? (Please try to keep them relatively clean and please don't be offensive. (though I know you won't be or else I wouldn't have risked this!)

Believe it (or not) there are some people with Dyspraxia who do stand-up comedy. Who are your favourites comedians?

In no particular order I like Bill Bailey, Brian Posehn, Ross Noble, Russell Howard, Sarah Millican and many more.
I can certainly emphasise with Sarah Millican's Control Enthusiast (because enthusiast sounds so much better than freak!).
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Yossarian
Getting settled in

Re: Comedy

Postby Yossarian » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:31 pm

My favourite comedian is probably Stewart Lee. Some may remember him from Fist of Fun and This Morning with Richard, Not Judy back in the 90s. He's one of the smartest comedians out there. His delivery is almost flawless. I very rarely laugh out loud when watching TV, but Mr Lee often leaves me in stitches.

I also enjoy the late George Carlin and Louis C.K. Another great comedian was Bill Hicks.

YellowSunshine
Getting settled in

Postby YellowSunshine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 am

My favourite comedian is Adam hills, he hosts the last leg and I love his comedy because its so feel good. I went to see him in the Edinburgh Fringe, not this year but I really love his comedy and I got to meet him. I've went to see him twice, and on those occasions he never made fun of any audience members. I loved how his comedy was about bringing his audience together and raising them up. Anybody can pick and bully on someone in the audience and make it "comedy" takes someone very special to do what he does.

Dan
Getting settled in

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 am

Yossarian wrote:My favourite comedian is probably Stewart Lee. Some may remember him from Fist of Fun and This Morning with Richard, Not Judy back in the 90s. He's one of the smartest comedians out there. His delivery is almost flawless. I very rarely laugh out loud when watching TV, but Mr Lee often leaves me in stitches.

I also enjoy the late George Carlin and Louis C.K. Another great comedian was Bill Hicks.

I'm definitely with you on Bill Hicks. He is fantastic. I would post a really great joke from him but it will probably offend people.

My sense of humour is very dark and offensive, so Frankie Boyle is my favourite.

Return to “The Lounge”