I hate small things

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

arthmelow
Regular Poster

I hate small things

Post by arthmelow »

Like paperclips, anything fiddly like those games you find in crackers, or kinder suprise eggs, or those warhammer figures.

Does anyone else squirm when holding small fiddly things and find them gross? ( It took me a lot longer to move from duplo to lego than most - I was 11! ). Especially if the item has lots of colours and is plastic and comprised of even smaller plastic parts...

As a kid this is why I hated McDonalds toys. The idea of small plastic things just wasn't my cup of tea.

Does anyone else at all have this one?
rhubarb_crumble
Getting settled in

Post by rhubarb_crumble »

I don't mind small things but some people do mind me using them because I have a tendency to lose small things! lol. Perhaps I should stop fiddling with them so much.
Page
Getting settled in

Post by Page »

Paper clips, coins, and other small flat things always cause me trouble when I try to pick them up. Usually, the most I can do is just slide them around on the table and then off of the edge and into my other hand.

Also, once I have these things in my hand, I'm always dropping them on the floor. Everytime I get change when I buy something I ALWAYS drop my coins. Don't you just hate it when people give you coins and banknotes in the same handful? I just don't have the dexterity to sort them out without dropping them if I have something in my other hand. I prefer using credit or debit b/c then there is no loose change.

I also struggle with putting caps on pens and markers in one try, usually I miss several times before I put it on at the right angle. The same thing with computer cables.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Page now you have mentioned it - I do the same things.... only been diagnosed for a very short time - and never really thought about it... until I read your comment...