exaggerated emotions

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Isee
New member - welcome them!

exaggerated emotions

Post by Isee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 am

Anyone here can easily have exaggerated emotions like crying, it happens in very bad situation sometimes It’s just too much for me?

pixiewithdocs
Getting settled in

Re: exaggerated emotions

Post by pixiewithdocs » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:06 am

Yeah man! We're an emotional bunch!

Apparently crying literally drips the stress hormones out of your face so that they leaves your body.

How incredible is that for an in-built coping mechanism?

There's nothing wrong with feelings, although I appreciate it can be really inconvenient or annoying.

I got REALLY frustrated at work recently and literally headdesked until I had a l;ump. It's healthy to drive along screaming at the top of your lungs on the motorway or do pillow-punching for anger, and it's healthy to have a night off cuddling your pillow and crying.

It's healthy to express yourself, and to excuse yourself if you can't do it right then and there.

Love your emotions. Feeling emotions means you can have great empathy so it's a tool you can use to help people.

Love you!(rself!)
Aorta/tattoo the artery/with acute artistry

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: exaggerated emotions

Post by Tom fod » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:13 pm

We tend to be caring folk and tje frustrations and difficulty we have can be overwhelming. Sinilarly we can have a lower threshold for sensory/info overload.

We're so often censured for either showing too much or too little emotion and very much take crriticism to heart and beat ourselves up for not being able to sustain the often impossibly high standards that we so often place on ourselves then beat ourselves up.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)