Looking for help with a school project.

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sprocket
New member - welcome them!

Looking for help with a school project.

Post by Sprocket »

Hello! I just posted this to Facebook, so sorry if your on both platforms!

I've been doing a masters at the Royal College of Art, and neurodiversity has become a real interest, as I learn about myself and how others experience the world. (I'm dyslexic and dyspraxic) I'm doing a project at school at the moment and I'm looking for people to do short interviews with. Maybe if its any good I could post the result to the group! I'm looking at the IQ test and how it favors a certain sort of (typically not neuro-diverse) person. I'm also looking at the octopus as an inspiring creature who developed a radically differently wired brain. I guess my overall aim is to validate and celebrate different ways of thinking and knowing, as I know I have struggled to fit into boxes that were not designed with neuro-diversity in mind. Anyone interested in being interviewed? Or I guess I could post some questions and you could video yourself if that's less scary. I would love to gather some short clips of people's experiences or beliefs of the value of neurodiversity. So also people who work with the neurodiverse community would also be great!

Let me know if your interested at all!

R  
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Looking for help with a school project.

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there

By all means, Please add some more detail. Is this formal research and will you have a research ethics plan re handling of personal info you collected how it will be processed and used? I appreciate this post may just be testing the water to see how many expressions of interest you get to gauge whether it's viable?

What Facebook-based Dyspraxia Community groups are you in? did you post in? there's are a growing number of them! Counting on one hand, I'm in at least five.

Feel free to send me a private message but in principle I see no issue in supporting this on here.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

I'd have no objections to helping if my input would have any value.
pixiewithdocs
Getting settled in

Post by pixiewithdocs »

Sounds really interesting - please do post more details about the study and whether it's informal or ethics-boarded 😊
More exposure and understanding of the spraxy brigade is never a bad thing!
Aorta/tattoo the artery/with acute artistry
Niamh
New member - welcome them!

Post by Niamh »

I'd be interested in assisting your project by being interviewed or providing clips.