One of those moments

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Xenavire
Power poster

One of those moments

Post by Xenavire »

Normally, I can totally ignore the effects of my Dyspraxia. But now and then I'll have one of those moments where I just can't explain it any other way. I just managed to cut my lip with a beard trimmer. The very thing I got to reduce the number of shaving injuries!

Anyone else have one of those moments recently?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: One of those moments

Post by Tom fod »

I can eclipse that with Super stupid 😂

On Satuday I burned my chin removing grill pan from oven!
:banana:
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

Your chin!? That's impressive! I've gotten my hands a couple of times while cooking, and managed to splash boiling water down my leg, but a chin burn is outstanding!

Hope it doesn't hurt too much, burns are awful. I also hope that you don't one-up yourself in the near future.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I’m relatively fortunate with injuries.

I do have some spectacular ‘why or how did i do that?!’ moments.

One of my finer ones now dating back many years back in a day when I still had hair worth combing. For some inexplicable reason I went into the fridge to look for my comb.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Niamh
New member - welcome them!

Post by Niamh »

Not an injury but I recently managed a slapstick scene that I am very glad had no witnesses. Tried to make sure my flute case was safe in my bag, causing it to fall out of my bag and land on the edge of a dinner plate, catapulting the plate and my dinner onto the floor, smashing both food and plate (but fortunately not the flute).

Shortly after moving to a house with no dishwasher from one that had one, found I had put a couple of saucepans in the washing machine.