I did the general cognitive assessment at Cognifit

Post by firemonkey »

These are my weaknesses.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I did the general cognitive assessment at Cognifit

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Firemokkey

Please can you add some context to these figures.

Did you find any areas that were strengths?

What do the categories and scores mean?
Do the higher numbers denote a higher or lower degree of impairment?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
michael
Getting settled in

Post by michael »

what are the full spectrum ranges for these categories? It's hard to get a sense of what these numbers mean without range standards.
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

I gave this a go on their app. I'm not convinced it's entirely accurate, but for anyone wondering, the scores are out of 800. My lowest score personally was 110 (hand-eye coordination), but the tests had more in common with a video game than an exam (I have a long history of playing video games, they have helped my coordination etc immensely) making most of the tasks fairly easy for me.

I definitely don't think this is meant for figuring out whether you have Dyspraxia or not, but the quick test was still fun for a laugh.
michael
Getting settled in

Post by michael »

thanks for clearing that up---I was under the impression it held more validity than that
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Tom fod wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 pm Hi Firemokkey

Please can you add some context to these figures.

Did you find any areas that were strengths?

What do the categories and scores mean?
Do the higher numbers denote a higher or lower degree of impairment?

Processing speed is high compared to how I do with the 'Test my brain' site tests that measure it(It's better than 0-1 out of10 there) . I think in my case it could be task dependent.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

michael wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:24 pm thanks for clearing that up---I was under the impression it held more validity than that

See this https://support.cognifit.com/s/article/ ... uage=en_US
Results
As you can see below, the data are above .8 in more than 50% of the cases, and the rest are between .6 and .7. This result shows that the CogniFit system is accurate and reliable, as the scores are near 1, and therefore there are no discrepancies among the data.

It can't tell you whether you are dyspraxic or not as that involves more than cognitive difficulties , but can show what cognitive strengths and weaknesses you have .
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Well I added the full results and no one replied :(
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Apologies not had time to digest info yet.
Did you find it fun to complete?

I tried to do an IQ self test a couple of months ago but clearly Iwasn't in right mood to wrap my brain round some of the questions.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

If it makes you feel any better firemonkey, I had a big post typed out - then accidentally refreshed the page. I then gave up, because I was rather frustrated.

My own results were mostly high - as I said, it had a lot in common with video games, so I found most of it pretty easy. My hand-eye coordination was the only one in the red (at 110), and I managed to get 800/800 on something, but I deleted the app, so I don't know which category it was anymore.

I've always been a freakishly good test-taker though, before anyone feels bad. There is quite literally only one set of exams I ever studied for in my life (Dutch as a second language), and the only exams I ever failed were the ones I was sick for (and the school decided I couldn't retake them, despite my health being an issue for three years prior - I hated that school anyway, so no big loss.)

I also do fairly well in IQ tests, my range has typically been between 120 and 130, not that I put a lot of stock in them. If intelligence was representative of success or character, the various world leaders wouldn't collectively suck hairy unspeakables.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Xenavire wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:09 pm If it makes you feel any better firemonkey, I had a big post typed out - then accidentally refreshed the page. I then gave up, because I was rather frustrated.

My own results were mostly high - as I said, it had a lot in common with video games, so I found most of it pretty easy. My hand-eye coordination was the only one in the red (at 110), and I managed to get 800/800 on something, but I deleted the app, so I don't know which category it was anymore.

I've always been a freakishly good test-taker though, before anyone feels bad. There is quite literally only one set of exams I ever studied for in my life (Dutch as a second language), and the only exams I ever failed were the ones I was sick for (and the school decided I couldn't retake them, despite my health being an issue for three years prior - I hated that school anyway, so no big loss.)

I also do fairly well in IQ tests, my range has typically been between 120 and 130, not that I put a lot of stock in them. If intelligence was representative of success or character, the various world leaders wouldn't collectively suck hairy unspeakables.

I've done that before re refreshing a page. Yes-it's definitely frustrating . My cognitive profile is very spiky. Based on the better online tests:

Non-verbal/spatial

Mensa Hungary 73
JCTI 77
HRS MAT adaptive 73
JCTI timed 40
Mensa Romania 74
Mensa Sweden 85
MyIQ 65
Open psychometrics FSIQ 83(spatial part)
Printable IQ test open psychomet 72
TRI 52 67

Verbal

Verbal linguistic 153
Open psychometrics FSIQ vocab part 154
TOLR40 146