bad with touch typing and technology

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

michael
Getting settled in

bad with touch typing and technology

Post by michael »

I am the only person in The United States of America under 90 who does not have a smart phone. This is because I cannot touch type--it takes me forever to type a simple text. I have to use a physical key board and actually press buttons. I also get overwhelmed with the technology on smart phones and feel really intimidated by them. I had one, wasn't comfortable with it, put it in a 'safe' place and cannot find it. $300.00 down the drain--don't ask me what that is in pounds, 'cause I have no idea. Anyway, it's really frustrating because it's embarrasing not being able to send photos or receive them or upload them and having to tell people that they need to add this to the list of things I can't do. The dead sea scrolls have nothing on that list.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: bad with touch typing and technology

Post by Tom fod »

Tech is ok when it cooperates. I have a smart phone and a tablet and use PCs at work but they can be unpredictable and I find selecting text a massive pain on a touch screen with my dyspraxic fingers. Sometimes googling how to do x can help but all too often some things are most annoyingly completely counter-intuitive.

Believe $300 is around £200 but not checked current exchange rate on quoting that.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
reyes
Getting settled in

Re: bad with touch typing and technology

Post by reyes »

Thanks Tom for your kind words--I can always count on you