Dyspraxia flare-ups?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

I_Voyager
Getting settled in

Dyspraxia flare-ups?

Post by I_Voyager »

Does anyone else experience their dyspraxia with flare-ups? I never don't have dyspraxia. But some days I can tell upon waking are clearer and easier than others. On others I can tell subjectively something is wrong... Then I'm bumping into and dropping things all day, gapping out and incapable of holding together day plans at all. Some days I wake up feeling comparatively great. On those days my motor skills are less clumsy, I sometimes even feel nimble, and I feel clear and get work done. In the past is fool myself into thinking the good days could last forever if I remained positive and I'd bring myself down into the dumps. But now I have come to believe my dyspraxia "flares up" and becomes worse some days
Sprocket
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxia flare-ups?

Post by Sprocket »

I tottaly have this experiance. It mostly effects me with being tired. But there are some days where I feel mostly normal and inspired. And others where I drop things and say words in the wrong order.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I definitely have days when it affects me more and do find there is a direct relationship with stress and tiredness.

I liken mine to a mischievous goblin alter ego who follows me around trying to foul up my plans. Some of the time I keep him in check with pre-planning care and good humour, other days I'm reduced to a bit of a snarling beast. Being at peace with oneself is certainly not always achievable but if you can find strategies and recognise your trigger points it can help.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

Stress, exhaustion, multiple stimuli depletes everyone's cognitive ability. For those of us who are already challenged, our symptoms simply become more blatant.
I_Voyager
Getting settled in

Post by I_Voyager »

Yes stress, exhaustion and stimuli can do it. But this kind of flare-up is especially obvious in the morning. I notice it "all things being equal." If I'm tired I'm angry. If I'm stressed I'm reactive. If I'm depressed I'm mopey. If I'm sensory overwhelmed well, I get more dyspraxic for sure.