My experience

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mapletree
New member - welcome them!

My experience

Post by Mapletree »

Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriel and I'm 31 years old. I'm a bit depressed because I have not worked for most of my adult life and don't have a driver's license. Its about time I started out in life. If anyone can help, please message me. Thanks.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: My experience

Post by Tom fod »

Mapletree wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:41 am Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriel and I'm 31 years old. I'm a bit depressed because I have not worked for most of my adult life and don't have a driver's license. Its about time I started out in life. If anyone can help, please message me. Thanks.
Hi Gabriel and welcome.

Completely understandable as whilst I managed to find a career by 25 I've not been able to see sufficiently to be able to contemplate driving. Finding the right work and employers who will give you a chance and develop you is half the battle.

What work have you tried and what areas does your job search encompass?
Are you stuck in sense of you need to drive to get to work but cannot afford to learn or cover vehicle related expenditure?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Mapletree
New member - welcome them!

Post by Mapletree »

I've given up searching. I'm looking to go self-employed, maybe as a writer or photographer. I still want to drive, though.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

My difficulties lie more finding a partner as seem to be managing ok on work front even if I do stress about things going horribly wrong.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)