Dyspraxia Foundation is upping it's game re. all adult dyspraxics. Yeah!!!

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Etheldreda
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia Foundation is upping it's game re. all adult dyspraxics. Yeah!!!

Post by Etheldreda »

I'm happy to say that I've just a really positive telephone conversation with Sophie Kayani (Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Dyspraxia Foundation) & actually the Dyspraxia Foundation has being putting plans in place to be a lot more representative to all adult dyspraxics & to lobby for change in government circles. They'll be making some important positive announcements very soon. So watch this space......🙂🙂🙂
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia Foundation is upping it's game re. all adult dyspraxics. Yeah!!!

Post by Tom fod »

Welcome and thanks for posting. I want to a talk by another of the Trustees, Richard Todd, last year. I know the DF work tirelessly but it's hard to make an impact as a small charity representing quite a nebulous condition. I think as adults we can feel the DF is a bit child/youth focussed but I think it is essential for people affected to get recognition, help and support early on.

Just hope it snowballs and the ideas are taken forward and acted upon in other countries too.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Ram
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxia Foundation is upping it's game re. all adult dyspraxics. Yeah!!!

Post by Ram »

Etheldreda wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm I'm happy to say that I've just a really positive telephone conversation with Sophie Kayani (Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Dyspraxia Foundation) & actually the Dyspraxia Foundation has being putting plans in place to be a lot more representative to all adult dyspraxics & to lobby for change in government circles. They'll be making some important positive announcements very soon. So watch this space......🙂🙂🙂
Great news. Thanks for sharing.

I don't want to get too excited. But any little move in the right direction is welcome.