Help with PIP please ( DLA - PIP Change over )

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rightboy91
New member - welcome them!

Help with PIP please ( DLA - PIP Change over )

Post by Rightboy91 »

Please help me.
I am 27 and I have Dyspraxia , diagnosed as a child.

I was getting disability living allowance at a rate of £310 per month and was getting it indefinitely, then because DLA was phased out nationwide to be replaced with PIP I had a letter to apply for the switch over to PIP.
That was in October 2017 and as my mum is my appointee the letter was addressed to her so I didn't know about it and she later told me she didn't tell me because she didn't want me to worry. We didn't attend because she felt ill at the time but I wasn't even aware of the appointment .

In November / December 2017 they gave me a date for a tribunal for January 2018/ 2019. However my mum has a strange problem that she does not want to go through the security scanners so the tribunal was adjourned. then about April/ May 2018 I had an assessment that I did attend but the assessor wrote a load of lies on the form and therefore my PIP was refused so they gave me another tribunal for November 2018 to which I attended with a welfare rights officer, however once I entered the tribunal room it was adjourned because my Mum as my appointee was not there with me. they said they would arrange another venue without the walk through scanners so that my mum would come with me as she said she didn't mind the hand wands scanners.

January 2019 I got a letter to ask which of the 2 venues I would like to attend, both of which didn't have the walk through scanners. However now my mum is saying she doesn't want to go through the hand wand scanners either and insists of getting me to request a telephone hearing.
I would much prefer attending because I feel it gives me the best chance of getting it reinstated and back dated, but without her entering the building with me the tribunal won't go ahead.

At the moment we are down £310 DLA , £250 carers and £400 premium each month since December 2017.

What should I do ? I really want this sorted out soon as possible.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Help with PIP please ( DLA - PIP Change over )

Post by Tom fod »

Hi I have sent you a private message.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)