First aid training

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2012@
Getting settled in

First aid training

Post by invisible2012@ »

Hi it's invisible 2014 but having trouble logging on but feel I need to post.i might be going on paediatric first aid this month paying extra for a small class and one to one.im terrified of failing after my bad experience of first aid training but I've explained to the lady about my dyspraxia.just work keep going on about first aid
allesandro
Power poster

Re: First aid training

Post by allesandro »

Best of Luck to you . I know how difficult that can be. Daunting, and anxiety provoking.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

It's a skill worth having as it is a selling point if you want employment elsewhere.

All i can suggest is read as much as possible on theory and/or look at You Tube or other online vids to help yoi get it ingrained. Try to focus on your own activity and not what those watching may be thinking.

Please use the contact Admin/moderator if you forget your login details. Please do not just creatie a new account.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2012@
Getting settled in

Post by invisible2012@ »

Thank you I've decided to have one to one training.
duffster39
New member - welcome them!

Post by duffster39 »

If you need any help just ask have taught first aid resuscitation etc for over 30 years and glad to give you any pointers some good resources online checkout bhf video clips skills for life which give you the basics for adult child has some slight modifications to include 5 rescue breaths the compression rate 30 :2 as per resuscitation council guidelines.