ARE YOU UP FOR A CAMPAIGN?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

ARE YOU UP FOR A CAMPAIGN?

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Something Prompted me to send out this Tweet after I Saw Janet Taylor's name on another Tweet.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: ARE YOU UP FOR A CAMPAIGN?

Post by Tom fod »

Please could you post link to the tweet.
Did you have anything particular in mind?
Hope you don't mind my posting a link to this question on D&L FB page. (awaiting moderator approval there).
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Thanks for responding Tom

https://twitter.com/Andrew_S_Hatton/sta ... 5143081986

I am not going about this very well - responses anywhere are welcome but I seem to have trouble finding specific posts on Facebook - even my own - I like the way this forum makes finding stuff easier and keeping it together with Topic Headings.

I am also suspicious of Facebook and Twitter and other commercial inspired websites because of the way they pump things at me - hence I never LIKE anything on FACEBOOK - believing I am the product rather than a customer, whereas I see my status here as Member and equal with all the others who are not moderators.

I like the way this Forum allows post to have Text varied and images added - as long as they are already posted to the Internet - I have not found out how to upload an image from my computer

Even though those images may have text that I cannot understand - I hope for those who can translate - is at least not offensive words!
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Even as moderator I don't see myself above others here. I think we can all learn from each other and while I have powers to delete posts or members I do feel I have a responsibility to be respectful of others views. Not sure I really see point of Twitter and exercise a degree of paranoia with Faceache as it is after all used as an advertising vehicle. Is the cartoon connected. I don't know context from where it was from?

Re the cartoon - Loosely translated using Google:

Danger, Omi! On this page you can easily catch a Trojan horse

Free? But what should I do with his nag in my small 1-room apartment.

Understand Janet stepped down from her DF position, possibly because it was taking over her life too much? I understand that Group on FB was originally set up by her to generate ideas for her book of the same name but that she is no longer connected with it. I was a member there but couldn't see eye to eye on moderators stance so rather than cause friction I left
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

I think you are doing a great job Tom - thanks for your service and the translation - I just posted it for the picture as a demonstration of what is possible here in case some reading are not aware.