Dyspraxia & Life Magazine

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pete_D&L
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia & Life Magazine

Post by Pete_D&L »

Hi guys,

Some of you may know me from various Facebook groups but some may not have a clue who I am.

Basically around 7 years ago my mother told me she always suspected I had Dyspraxia and that she tried to get me assessed when I was in primary school. For whatever reason I decided not to look into it as I suppose I’d decided whatever I may have I’d come to accept myself for what and who I am.

Over the years me and my friend for talking about doing a fundraising initiative and he suggested Dyspraxia. So I in June I finally googled it for the first time and discovered a condition that seemed to encompass everything I struggled with including brain processing and short term memory issues .

Armed with this new information and a 4 hour daily round trip for work I realised I could spend that time doing something productive.

In October I launched the online magazine www.dyspraxialifemagazine.co.uk and have a band of volunteer contributors who I met on various Facebook groups.

If anyone on here would be at all interested in writing about anything at all (although related to Dyspraxia of course) then just let me know.

I’m trying to fit it all into my lunch breaks and on the train after work and it’s hard work but totally worth it and have had some wonderful comments on the articles. 😊

I’m hoping it will become a little bit like this forum, an archivable platform of Dyspraxic experiences in adulthood - stuff that people can refer to in the future and find useful in the absence of academic/scientific research .
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia & Life Magazine

Post by Tom fod »

Welcome to the Forum Pete
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)