seizures/epilepsy

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

grissom2984
Getting settled in

seizures/epilepsy

Post by grissom2984 »

I've recently began to experience seizures. I've had similar things my whole life that I've just always chalked up to moving too fast, standing up, not eating enough, blood sugar, etc. Recently, though, the big ones have gotten bigger. I've never lost consciousness, but have come close to really hurting myself in the process. I visited the Dr. last week to discuss this. He referred me to a neurologist for an EEG. My question: Is there a link between dyspraxia and seizures/epilepsy? I'm really not looking forward to finding out the news.
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Re: seizures/epilepsy

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

I do not know BUT the core component of dyspraxia/DCD is coordination by the brain of all our bodily activity. So I assume that can affect any part of our behaviour, such as speech,, movement, concentration, etc.,, etc..

However DCD is life long so although we might only make discoveries after many years, our unconscious bodily control system has been coping since birth, and therefore if it is DCD/dyspraxia related that may not be reason for any special concerns.

I hope the medical investigations bring relief in due course.
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

Andrew_S_Hatton wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am I do not know BUT the core component of dyspraxia/DCD is coordination by the brain of all our bodily activity. So I assume that can affect any part of our behaviour, such as speech,, movement, concentration, etc.,, etc..

However DCD is life long so although we might only make discoveries after many years, our unconscious bodily control system has been coping since birth, and therefore if it is DCD/dyspraxia related that may not be reason for any special concerns.
It's dangerous to suggest that things can be related just because they're weird.
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

"I do not know but"

Does not read like a suggestion to me.