Paranoid?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Susan69
Getting settled in

Paranoid?

Post by Susan69 »

Does anyone else get paranoid and impatient alot?

I mean when I try and be friendly on boards like this and waiting for information then no-one answers at all or stops answering. I don't know if its cos the sites are not active but it seems funny they're active until I join so I go away believing I'm just a person no-one likes even online, so have no self-esteem whatsoever and live a totally isolated life.

Also lived here well over 10 years and have made no friends out of the neighbours, sometimes it will annoy me if someone else moves in much later and within a short time there everyone's new buddy on the other hand the one friendship I do have I'm bored with and want to end. (she's proven she no longer see's me as her 'best friend' anyway, we were years ago at university..well over 20 yrs ago now) so in my mind I have no (human) best friend anymore.

I did get diagnosed with autism so have been told I probably wouldn't also get diagnosed with dyspraxia though I did have significant developmental delays in childhood.

How do you seperate the lack of social skills that come from just having dyspraxia or whether it's because of the autism and the combined effects of having both?

Susan
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Paranoid?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Susan

It is hard to not take things personally sometimes as the internet and social media are always on and promise instant real time communication. Unfortunately there is so much in both the online and real worlds We might be flavour of the minute hour or day but then people are drawn away by the next big thing and have fluttered off. Everyone seems to be in their own bubble or clique and it is quite common for people to always feel they are always on the outside looking in.

Whatever label we have be that dyspraxic or autistic, we won’t necessarily conform to the model of how someone with x condition will behave. This is because of how we adjust to interacting with those around us and the opportunities open to us. We all get impatient or feel low at times but it can really send out a message warning others to stay back and can be self perpetuating if we’re not careful.that said how can we be our best selves when we think everyone and the world is against us.

I wish the site was busier. I suspect people tend to only check in occasionally when they have something they want to raise themselves so may not feel inclined to post in response to others unless the topic really strikes a chord with them and they can think of what to say.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)