Walking faster than running?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

MusicL22
Getting settled in

Walking faster than running?

Post by MusicL22 »

Does anyone else here find they can walk faster than they can run? I have no problem walking fast but I've never been able to actually run fast and trying to I just stomp my feet everytime.

I thought it was down to being unfit or something when I was younger or eating sweets but other kids never seemed to struggle. Everyone else I know seems to run without stomping as well. It wasn't because of being unfit, as I am healthy enough.

I am interested to here other stories. I have read it is possible for dyspraxics to not run very fast you see so I thought I'd say something about it.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Walking faster than running?

Post by Tom fod »

I tend to avoid running as it increases the risk of my falling over. I do walk at quite a fast pace and I would say I'm pretty heavy footed. One indicator/example is 'flaps arms when running'. I must admit that I doubt my arms are in sync with my legs when I try to run.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Post by lubellasquee »

I do find this, I also get more worn out running than others.
I can’t run for a while anyway because I sprained my ankle when I fell in the street (weirdly enough not through running)
Henry
New member - welcome them!

Post by Henry »

I thought it was down to being unfit or something when i was more youthful or eating desserts yet different children never appeared to battle, every other person i know appears to keep running without stepping also...