What I find more difficult with dyspraxia.I I

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dreamer
Getting settled in

What I find more difficult with dyspraxia.I I

Post by Dreamer »

I can say I don't mind my low motorcycle skills or my speech problems. What I find more difficult it's my thoughts are not organized . Before any task I need all what I have to do on paper. And I mean all my day. Sometimes I have very bad understandin what people want from me. And sometimes is too painful cause , sometimes I can hurt some people. When they think I understand. Also my thinking skills get lower when I am sourounded by people. My communication skills also get very lower. Sometimes I said everything what is in my head. After I realize I was quiet rude and my social reputation is not great. I guess what is really bothering me it's my not organized thoughts and that's make my life more harder. My question is if there is any way how I can get my thoughts better organize. I was never under any training or therapy with my dyspraxia. When I was born at my country they use old term syndrom of clumsy child . I just had speech therapy for my stuttering. If you can somebody give me some tips it will be really great. Thanks.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: What I find more difficult with dyspraxia.I I

Post by Tom fod »

Dreamer wrote:I can say I don't mind my low motorcycle skills or my speech problems. What I find more difficult it's my thoughts are not organized . Before any task I need all what I have to do on paper. And I mean all my day. Sometimes I have very bad understandin what people want from me. And sometimes is too painful cause , sometimes I can hurt some people. When they think I understand. Also my thinking skills get lower when I am sourounded by people. My communication skills also get very lower. Sometimes I said everything what is in my head. After I realize I was quiet rude and my social reputation is not great. I guess what is really bothering me it's my not organized thoughts and that's make my life more harder. My question is if there is any way how I can get my thoughts better organize. I was never under any training or therapy with my dyspraxia. When I was born at my country they use old term syndrom of clumsy child . I just had speech therapy for my stuttering. If you can somebody give me some tips it will be really great. Thanks.
I think the first thing to try to tackle is overcoming your anxiety around other people. Contrary to how it may feel, people are often just as focused on what people might think of them. Equally you might write down what you want to achieve in a given day only for circumstances to change that mean what you planned is no longer possible. It can be tempting to be annoyed with yourself or other people but you have to resist that as being charming and working with others is more likely going to help you achieve the desired outcome. Often when we get stressed we try to say everything too quickly and it comes out wrong, so we panic more. So keep your plans loose and be ready to change or adapt them if necessary.

This is a grossly simplified version but sometimes when faced with an obstacle we need to think if there is a way around it instead of trying to fight it face on to get over the top.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)