I prefer walk in lonely streets and woods.

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dreamer
Getting settled in

I prefer walk in lonely streets and woods.

Post by Dreamer »

I think I have this all the time. When I walk at empty street without people . I feel so calm and quiet happy. But when people appear at my way. My calmness is gone and I feel like somebody invite my place. I hate going to places where are large numbers people. Cause I am afraid they will ask me questions. When I was younger is was for me dificult to go to the shop and ask about certain product. I sometimes get drunk to just ask something at the shop. I think that's quiet hilarious . I was also ha e quiet heavy stuttering that make things more harder. Anyway sometimes I go too early into streets where is no one. 5 felt there really save and happy. By the way one of my favourite song is by Fever Ray , keep streets empty for a me.
Dan
Power poster

Re: I prefer walk in lonely streets and woods.

Post by Dan »

I'm quite an anxious duck too, but I wouldn't say that I need to get drunk to ask for stuff at the shops, at least. I think some counselling or CBT could be helpful for your anxiety? It's not much of a solution to get drunk every time you need something.
Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer »

I don't get drunk now to ask so ething in the shop. I was did when I was younger . Now I am more calm and my stuttering is really mild . I just posted here like sharing of my experience. Sorry my english is very bad. I probably forgot put past sense into my sentence. But 8ncan say I am quiet big introvert and large number of people are really my nightmarre. Thanks for response.
Laura.marie55
Getting settled in

Post by Laura.marie55 »

I have this issue too. Have got better with time but I live in a busy city centre and I get really overwhelmed when surrounded by people and really irrationally angry at everyone!
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

Laura.marie55 wrote:I have this issue too. Have got better with time but I live in a busy city centre and I get really overwhelmed when surrounded by people and really irrationally angry at everyone!
I certainly find that I can easily get overwhelmed in crowds - I think that I may have minor asperger's too - but I don't tend to get angry at people as a result. My main issue is just that my anxieties seem to be recursive, as in, I get anxious and get more anxious as a result of being anxious.
Laura.marie55
Getting settled in

Post by Laura.marie55 »

I think the anxiety loop can be quite hard to break, being anxious is anxiety inducing in itself! CBT is quite useful for that. It really helped me. The irrational anger is a bit of an issue though, I am nice and polite to others but the anger will ruin my mood.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Dreamer

I quite like a bit of time to myself and am not a fan of overcrowded places. I live in a small city in West of England but think we Brits are usually too polite to question others unless you have strayed onto private property. When I lived more in the countryside I used to walk to the pub through the woods in the dark as safer than main road.

Where did you live before you moved to the US?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer »

Laura.marie55 wrote:I have this issue too. Have got better with time but I live in a busy city centre and I get really overwhelmed when surrounded by people and really irrationally angry at everyone!

Thank you for your comment . I am glad , I am not alone who have same issue. I think my aniexity from people cause general I don't have good experiences with them. Also I feel when somebody start walk on the street where i am walking. I feel like somebody invaded my world. My anger really can put me down. I try to keep calm but problem is this negative energy stay inside of me. And sometimes I have to face it with my burst of anger . It's special ial difficult for my loved ones. I think this is for me more bigger problem.
Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer »

Tom fod wrote:Dreamer

I quite like a bit of time to myself and am not a fan of overcrowded places. I live in a small city in West of England but think we Brits are usually too polite to question others unless you have strayed onto private property. When I lived more in the countryside I used to walk to the pub through the woods in the dark as safer than main road.

Where did you live before you moved to the US?

Hi thank you for your comment. Actually I used to live for 5 years in North east Scotland near to Aberdeen. I was actually live inside community so I don't have to face it too much with outside world . Mostly I have communication with people who I know it. Although in weekends I sometimes went to Aberdeen . .but I also find at night there is lot of fight oh the street and I go there just when I vhave to. I think my problem is I was not outside of the world for very long time. So I really feel awkward with social communication. I am living at small town where is normal to have chat with person on the street. That's quiet s difficult for me cause I cannot be relax and I feel lot of aniexity. Sometimes I feel like Doc Martin.
Susan69
Getting settled in

Post by Susan69 »

Me too I have a dog to walk and he's an high energy breed, due to other physical issues too with one of my legs I can't walk that far so use a mobility scooter for distance. in summer we always go out 5-6am. In winter when its dark until 8=9am and the school/work rush is underway by then I wait until that's over then go to the field when everyone's gone to school/work!

I tend to avoid conversation by either signalling that my dogs reactive if other person has a dog too so they gives us a wide berth or I signal that I'm deaf (as technically I can't understand speech but I'm not going to go into detail explaining auditory processing to every stranger in the street) I also struggle to get words out even when I know exactly what I want to say and having to speak in public causes me great anxiety. I did become a selective Mute for many years due to bullying and tormenting at school for years about my speech and refused to speak to anyone other than immediate family and a few friends who didn't make fun of me. To everyone else I communicate via writing or signing and just let them assume I was born deaf and don't speak. These days I don't care anymore and haven't the energy to deal with people and try to explain everything! Having Autism doesn't help either (with regard to relationships/communicating with people). I'm perfectly happy to live in my own world and go out when everyone else has gone or in bed if it means I can walk my dog without fear of being made fun of by local kids etc.

I'd love to live off grid totally isolated from people, would be there in a shot if I won the lottery or something!