Staying in Bad Situations Too long/ Faulty Delayed Crisis Assessment Skills

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

allesandro
Power poster

Staying in Bad Situations Too long/ Faulty Delayed Crisis Assessment Skills

Post by allesandro »

Often when feeling overwhelmed, I just continue to function status quo because it seems as though I can't think properly with regard to assessment of the situation and on the spot planning with regard to possibly changing course or redirecting myself. Then afterwards, I beat myself up because it seems that the answer was so obvious, why did I stay in such a situation for so long? Why couldn't I see how obvious the answer was? I wonder if this is characteristic of dyspraxia or just idiosynchratic to me?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Staying in Bad Situations Too long/ Faulty Delayed Crisis Assessment Skills

Post by Tom fod »

I see it as caring enough to persist when a lot of people will say screw this I will fight it tooth and nail until it is sorted. Of course sometimes I might be better off saying screw it it can sort itself out as it really isn’t my problem so I’ll hand it over or hand it back.

Sometimes it pays to walk away as there’s no reason why you can’t revisit it once a solution occurs to you at a later time and place if there is still benefit in doing this.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
allesandro
Power poster

Re: Staying in Bad Situations Too long/ Faulty Delayed Crisis Assessment Skills

Post by allesandro »

thanks. I think perhaps when something is that emotionally charged it's hard to have perspective. like they say hindsight is 20/20