Television Series about Neurodiversity

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

allesandro
Power poster

Television Series about Neurodiversity

Post by allesandro »

I don't know if anyone has access to Netflix in the UK but if you do there is a relatively new series called 'Atypical' which is about neurodiversity. It is a comedy series but is not demeaning of neurodiversity, but rather an advocate for acceptance and awareness of neurodiversity.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Television Series about Neurodiversity

Post by Tom fod »

We can get Netflix over here and I must look this up and see if I can find any clips. Currently I only get standard TV through an aerial but having upgraded my internet I should be looking to make the most of my unlimited data to discover what is out there
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Ram
Power poster

Re: Television Series about Neurodiversity

Post by Ram »

allesandro wrote: ....there is a relatively new series called 'Atypical' which is about neurodiversity. It is a comedy series but is not demeaning of neurodiversity, but rather an advocate for acceptance and awareness of neurodiversity.
Thank you for bringing this series to our attention, Allesandro . I've just watched episode 1 of the first series. I rather enjoyed it in a slightly 'squirmy' kind of way. I've heard that some people have criticised the series for being too stereotypical and/or inaccurate. Nevertheless, I think it's of benefit overall to neurodiverse people.