An interview for dyspraxic adults

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

aaisha
New member - welcome them!

An interview for dyspraxic adults

Post by aaisha »

Hello everyone
My name is aaisha,i am a student of final year in National University of Sciences and Technology. I am here to discuss my thesis topic and ask for some help. I am an industrial designer to be, and working with people who have dyspraxia. There is a small questionnaire that can be answered by people here, and it will help me better understand their situation, and make a good solution possible as a result. Here you go with the questions

Q-1. what are the most common difficulties faced by the people suffering from dyspraxia?
Q-2. How do you try to overcome it?
Q-3. Were you being diagnosed as a child? Otherwise, what was the age at which you got to know about the problem?
Q-4. Of the following, what were your difficult times and how they were difficult?
INITIAL
-sitting -standing -walking
EDUCATION
-listening -short attention span -were bullied -could not take part in sports
MEDICAL
-any allergies -food intolerance -lack of organization -hard to remember stuff -mix up dates
WRITING
-untidy -poor spellings -difficulty putting ideas down on paper -placing letters and numbers in wrong order
READING
-finding hard to remember what you have read -words seem to jump about -difficulty following a plot or sequence
Q-5. What are the reactions to your difficulties?
angry confused frustrated low selfesteem phobic defensive aggressive
irritable low confidence anxious passive misunderstood stressed guilty
disempowered fatigued embarrased
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: An interview for dyspraxic adults

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Aisha

We ask that anyone seeking to conduct research first seeks advance agreement and can offer/provide detailed assurances about how any personal and/or medical information collected will be used handled stored and protected.

Whilst there are common/typical difficulties there is a significant degree of variation in how Dyspraxia presents and the degree to which an individual is affected and/or the coping strategies he or she might employ.

Please could you send me a private message in this regard.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
firemonkey
Power poster

Re: An interview for dyspraxic adults

Post by firemonkey »

I did feel more comfortable doing a Likert scale online survey.