Certain habits

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

MusicL22
Getting settled in

Certain habits

Post by MusicL22 »

Hello, I'd like to talk about a habit I've had for years since a young age. I saw a website mentioning that some dyspraxic people tend to be more comfortable sitting crossed legged? I don't know wheither this is a dyspraxia trait or not but does anyone else feel most comfortable crossed legged? I haven't done it for a while which is probably why I'm so uncomfortable on the sofa and shuffling and leaning to the side every 5 mins. I find when I'm out about I tend to shuffle about on chairs a lot.
Dan
Power poster

Re: Certain habits

Post by Dan »

I think most people sit like that, don't they? I was a weird kid, and I was super tiny compared to my peers, so I'd sit with my feet on the ground and bum in the air. It's kinda hard to explain my crazy gymnastic routine back then. I've basically always gone against the grain, although I wouldn't consider myself contrarian for the sake of it.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Certain habits

Post by Tom fod »

I absolutely hated sitting cross legged in assembly. I find it physically uncomfortable. I too am often restless and can’t sit still.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)