Why Are there So Few New Posts and Why Does It Take 1,000 Views To Get Just A Few Responses?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

allesandro
Power poster

Why Are there So Few New Posts and Why Does It Take 1,000 Views To Get Just A Few Responses?

Post by allesandro »

I don't mean to be negative, but it seems like new posts are few and far between on this site. It also seems like it takes about a 1,000 views in order to get a handful of responses, which means that quite often by the time one does get a response, it's no longer timely. I'm not criticizing anyone, we all come to this site with different needs and expectations,but I'm just at a loss for why this is and if there is any way to make the site more current with fresh posts and more timely responses. I've posted previous posts regarding this issue without response( except for Tom, God bless him). It would be nice if this site could be more current, and more supportive for all, at least that's my view anyway. Maybe others feel differently. If people could just be more communicative at least about this, I think it might be quite helpful, to me anyway. I'm hoping this post doesn't get read and ignored like the others.
Dan
Power poster

Re: Why Are there So Few New Posts and Why Does It Take 1,000 Views To Get Just A Few Responses?

Post by Dan »

The Dyspraxic Teens forum was pretty active back in the day, but that place started becoming pretty vacant as well. This place is more energetic, but I usually have to wait a week to view the posts. I feel bad for Tom, as there's no easy solution.
firemonkey
Power poster

Re: Why Are there So Few New Posts and Why Does It Take 1,000 Views To Get Just A Few Responses?

Post by firemonkey »

Tom is trying to promote the forum on facebook . As for the many views to responses,that's common for forums generally.
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

firemonkey wrote:Tom is trying to promote the forum on facebook . As for the many views to responses,that's common for forums generally.
Sure. I didn't mean to offend, or anything. I'm sure there are more than a fair share of forums that don't have many members. I once hosted some servers for a game, along with a forum and site on a dedicated server at college, so it's not lost on me. Our forum was probably about as active, but it felt special because me and my friend were running it, although I did most of the work.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I’ve posted links to the Forum on a couple of Faceache-based support group communities for Dyspraxia/Neuro Diversity. If anyone wants to put a tweet out there that would be good.

Aside from my efforts to react to spammers and doing my utmost to ensure new people feel listened to, it is fortunate I can fit looking after the forum around the other aspects of my life. Everyone is polite and there is very little drama so I don’t have to do very much policing at all.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

Tom fod wrote:I’ve posted links to the Forum on a couple of Faceache-based support group communities for Dyspraxia/Neuro Diversity. If anyone wants to put a tweet out there that would be good.

Aside from my efforts to react to spammers and doing my utmost to ensure new people feel listened to, it is fortunate I can fit looking after the forum around the other aspects of my life. Everyone is polite and there is very little drama so I don’t have to do very much policing at all.
Slightly off topic, but what is Faceache?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Faceache is me being rude about Facebook. Dictionary definition is an ugly or miserable person.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Have tweeted forum link.
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

I posted quite a few replies yesterday. I remember it went from 69, because I thought about how that was rude. That should be something to be getting along with. I'm interested in lots of pretty niche stuff though. :)