A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Personal Dream and nightmare jobs

Post by Tom fod »

A: What are the nightmare jobs that even the thought of makes you want to hide

B: what do you think your dream job is/might look like

C Has anyone here tried or is doing any of these jobs?

So as a starter

A) Hell No way/Not a good idea for me personally: - Waiter or Chef/fast Food service Team member - DoctorNurse/Care professional - digger operator - Lumberjack - Electrician - Sewing Machine operator or other manual repetitive factory/production role - Barber - Computer programmer - Farmer

If only: Gigolo (I need to think of something better/more appropriate but it's late and I'm tired!).
. . Ok then; Tank crewman (now having second thoughts as being blown up/burned alive/crushed does not appeal!).

I had a go in a 360 Excavator once, they need a surprisingly light touch and much better fine motor control/coordination than I have.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
allesandro
Power poster

Re: Personal Dream and nightmare jobs

Post by allesandro »

A) Hell No---Computer programmer, data entry, nurse, doctor,waiter, bookkeeper,accountant,architect

B) Hell Yes--Film Critic,abstract art painter, first American Sovereign(LOL)
JessB90
Getting settled in

Post by JessB90 »

Haha great question! For me it would be..

Nightmare job: solicitor, accountant, math teacher

Perfect job: interior designer, therapy worker, dyspraxia / dyslexia/SEN therapist

\:D/
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

allesandro wrote:A) Hell No---Computer programmer, data entry, nurse, doctor,waiter, bookkeeper,accountant,architect

B) Hell Yes--Film Critic,abstract art painter, first American Sovereign(LOL)
Haha, well apparently I am the opposite, because I used to be a Software Developer (as in Computer Programming), but I've been doing a bit of it since I was 15. It's quite creative, and it balances out well with the piano and reading up on random things from Wikipedia. :P I am totally with you on the rest though, although I'd likely be an even more severely bad doctor than anything else.

Definitely not: Olympic archer or Roman Consul, obviously.

Ideal job: Musician or Software Developer again.
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

First American Sovereign would still be my first choice----got the idea from you guys, haha