Dyspraxia and vestibular system: dizzy

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

skyrocket
Getting settled in

Dyspraxia and vestibular system: dizzy

Post by skyrocket »

Hi, after 46 years, I've just recieved my diagnosis of Dyspraxia from OT. I always knew it but this is something I owed to myself - I had to avoid the clumsy child label which was not so helpful back them. When I was doing my assessment after some of the more physical exercises I felt very dizzy to the point of passing out as I lost my sense of balance. Does anyone else on the forum have this problem - I was told that I might have a sensitive vestibular system - linked to balance and the inner ear. Any thoughts on this and a possible links to dyspraxia.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia and vestibular system: dizzy

Post by Tom fod »

The following thread may be relevant and/or interesting
http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... lar#p31751
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

The last time I flew I became extremely dizzy as the plane descended. So much so that I could barely walk off the plane. I had a great deal of difficulty hearing as well; it was though I was wearing ear plugs. I ended up sitting in Frankfurt airport for about an hour before walking the long maze to the gate to catch my next plane. It was really frightening. I've generally had balance issues since childhood, particularly following any kind of exercise.
jelly1000
Getting settled in

Post by jelly1000 »

I get very dizzy and lightheaded standing on the spot for too long. I'd never thought it might be connected to being dyspraxic though.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

I don't get dizzy , but my balance leaves a lot to be desired.