This place seems dead

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

This place seems dead

Post by firemonkey »

Posted 2 new threads on the 23rd-no replies. Also replied to a thread. I think this is why I stayed away for ages before.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: This place seems dead

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Firemonkey

Regrettably you won't always get a response quickly as it very much depends on who's prowling the forum and whether they feel they have something valid they can add in response. Quite a few of us here are quite hesitant about this sort of thing!

Of course it has also been the Christmas holiday so people who might otherwise have responded may have been busy and not have visited the forum or if they have they may not yet have thought of how to respond. I'm conscious it may get a bit boring if its just me who responds to everything and contrary to popular belief I don't know it all. 8-)

The more we put in the more we will hopefully get back. Before your recent flurry of posts starting 23 Dec 2017, your last post was from 24 Dec 2016!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

I think I dipped my toes in the forum waters a few times but went away because there was not much response.
NoLimitations
Getting settled in

Post by NoLimitations »

Hi Firemonkey,
wellcome to the forum, havent being on it much over Christmas but do think it is a good source of support. TomFods posts are really good and he always seems to have the right answers. I joined in Summer time after being diagnosed with Dyspraxia. My biggest difficulty has being driving and trying to organize time as i work different shifts all the time. Dont give up on this forum too quickly as it may take time for people to respond. Hope to chat again soon, best of luck,

A
otis_b_flywheel
Regular Poster

Post by otis_b_flywheel »

Hi Firemonkey,
To be fair, I think the forum is more lively now than it was in October / November that seemed a very quiet time indeed. I would say - don't get disheartened if one of your posts doesn't get a response for a while. As someone else said, we can be quite a shy / reticent bunch, and also many of us are holding down jobs / busy with hobbies / "voluntold" for community projects etc, and keeping all of this going is hard for people who are sensitive to stimulus overload and tire easily. Speaking personally, I have to avoid spending too much time at a computer as I have lower back problems and it is the single worst activity for increasing the pain. Thus I might see a post to which I would be interested in replying and then realise I don't have the time / pain threshold for it.
Please keep posting :)
Regards
Tim

"I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome."