Another cup bites the dust...

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jenny3142
Getting settled in

Another cup bites the dust...

Post by Jenny3142 »

I find that when preparing cups for drinks I will move away but my hand stays, or a stray finger catches the handle and usually ends in disaster. Sometimes they just wobble on the surface and I get lucky. Anyone else here have this problem?

Has anyone found a decent solution? I´m currently looking online for unbreakable cups, but most seem to be plastic ones for kids. I´m looking for a large-ish one for tea (around 500ml)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Another cup bites the dust...

Post by Tom fod »

Travel mug pref without a base that tapers from top. If money is less an oprion Isaw one in Menkind that has a special base that makes it difficult to tip over.They call it the Mighty Mug.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

I definitely spilled drinks a lot as a kid, but now I just have to make a conscious effort to observe my surroundings in detail before moving when I am around drinks. I still screw up sometimes though.

I imagine you will be able to find big plastic mugs somewhere, but I confess I don't know where they'd be.
Jenny3142
Getting settled in

Post by Jenny3142 »

yes! I found the mighty mug on amazon.de :D I shall order one immediately :D I tend to always keep drinks away from my electronics, even though both of my mobile phones are waterproof. One of the stipulations after dropping my iPhone 6s+ in the loo was that all new phones must be waterproof!

I would say I have roughly a 5% chance of not spilling drinks. Pouring liquid from one thing into another means I have to wipe up afterwards.

Today my other half consciously moved something breakable away from me.

I can usually laugh off my clumsiness, but yesterday I totally went the other way on it. :/
Thanks for the tips!
Jenny3142
Getting settled in

Post by Jenny3142 »

Found a video from Unbox therapy on this item, he had me in tears of laughter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTxbQ6cdUw
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Love it Thanks for posting! We Dyspraxics should be paid handsomely for product testing unbreakable and/or unspillable things!

We are also eminently capable of inspirational thoughts of what is missing and needs creating!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)