Building an app to help with social situations

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

nt102982
New member - welcome them!

Building an app to help with social situations

Post by nt102982 »

i know this is long winded but i am serious about doing this, and i know it will work for many who suffer with dyspraxia and autism and much more, and i want to know you want to be involved in it so please read all of it and have an open mind and it is as much a rant as a solution to something that nags us all.

i myself have dyspraxia and i grow so tired of feeling at odds with the world because i only get half of the conversation i cannot read facial expressions, sense body language, certain tones , vocal inflections, sarcasm, whether someone is genuine or not the whole game from love to trust to and hate fear and everything in between. i see with a different lens than the rest of the world. i am sure others can relate in social situations, treatments are being developed for autism in these regards and similar to what i propose here. i have gotten so sick of not having a solution i am going to create it in the form of an app that develops skills which others take for granted. treatments similar to this exist for autism but they are expensive in clinical trials and they are only being applied to those with more conventional to the understanding of autism spectrum and not adults only children, i feel the exclusion of dyspraxia and asperger's sufferers from treatments associated with more well understood forms of what are now called autism spectrum, i find this to be a fallacy as there are common root causes. also philosophically while companies are figuring out how to monetize new treatments and profit from my suffering and others, i plan to make this free and available to anyone no insurance needed just the app store, and i plan to maybe revolutionize how a clinical trial is conducted when it comes to things other than pills, i want to take what other doctors are designing for profit and make it free rather i plan to make medicine public domain in this project in a sense and upend a study going on currently.

My proposal is an app that teaches facial recognition my literally training hard every day with the app. maybe for the rest of your life but i think it will reduce how much you need the app over time. i don't want to reveal my idea as there are creative control issues and obviously just steal my idea, but if there are iphone and android programmers or really any programmer out there who doesn't mind learning it to do this with a good overall grasp i am cool with that too. i may need more than one after all, i would also like a dyspraxia expert in the psychological and medical fields particularly to be involved. in this project ideally i would like to have people who can see the big picture and probably defy normal perceptions medical thinking this is still unexplored in terms of dyspraxia though i see it working and rather than conduct a narrow focused study i plan to broaden to a wider concept and audience and make it free open source funded through donations at first and then a willing community. i don't seek any profit i only seek to solve a problem in myself for which there is no existing solution even being tested in cases like mine moreover but i plan to give you also the freedom to not have to ask you can just try it if you don't feel it works nothing lost. i want to make it available as to circumvent interest that are out for themselves, perhaps make people look at how healthcare could be different through practices in the internet vision and a small amount of selflessness, the time is perfectly poised there is some proof of concept already, technology in the cell phone sector is uniquely poised to amplify the effectiveness of this app and the technology already existing being amplified in iphone particularly but also some and android models is going to really make this work, this could change how dyspraxia is treated but it could change how treatments can be delivered, change their cost for the better, create a system of conducting a clinical trial with wider sample populations, make medicine an open forum rather than a room of experts and give a model where we give it away.

about me my name is nick, i live in the boston area and have had a wide range of treatment that i have tried but always with a certain sense it just wasn't quite right as was my experience of the world almost constantly, i stumbled upon dyspraxia on the web and i talked to various psychiatrists and psychologists and had them review the symptoms going along with dyspraxia i don't like using the internet to diagnose myself but sometimes you gotta go with your gut, but i trusted my doctors assessment most of all her literal word this is you. i suffered for a long time trying medical care that never quite addressed dyspraxia and it's myriad of symptoms with physical and emotional manifestations, which i plan to address the emotional here and interpersonal. as i now look for solutions to what trouble me most in the issues of dyspraxia above there are none of consequence and certainly miss the mark if they try. i studied psychology in college got pretty far along but couldn't complete college and still very misunderstood and misunderstanding at the same time. i could not read even those i relied on i never could sense a full range of emotions to navigate friendship romance family school and literally everyone i met there wasn't something right about them and about me and i felt like i wasn't ok they weren't ok there always seemed to be something wrong be wrong whatever the outcome. i studied and got a decent understanding of computers programming design usability aesthetic in college and on the job. i understand those concepts that are part of this and secondly i am an abstract artist i see what others can't see i have a sense for the subtleties through these various disciplines. i am savvy and skilled enough to see this through, also i have the knowledge of the disease and i am hoping you will too and be able to relate to this, and i know that emotions are tough with dyspraxia but i think it will be solved through perception. eventually you will see in other what you missed all along and therefore sense it in your self as well as others. someone told me once a miracle is only a shift in perception.
Dan
Power poster

Re: Building an app to help with social situations

Post by Dan »

I am a programmer and have worked with C++, JavaScript, PHP and a few other scripting languages. I believe Apple use Objective C, and I have never made an app that was not running on either a PC or on a Linux server, but I may be of some use.