Your thoughts about this site?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Your thoughts about this site?

Post by Tom fod »

Interested to know if anyone has any ideas for increasing footfall and boosting the number of posts/posters.

I appreciate a lot of people gain from simply reading what others have posted and any responses and just visit from time to time, as and when they need to.

Am I too hands on? would you relish the chance to answer each others posts before I blunder in and steal your thunder? - I feel conscious that people may be anxious for a prompt/comprehensive answer to their first question.

Is the FAQ http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... hp?f=1&t=2 still helpful?

Is there anything you feel we could/should add to this?

Where should we link to elsewhere on the web?

Any other thoughts or observations?
Last edited by Tom fod on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Dan
Power poster

Re: Your thoughts about this site?

Post by Dan »

Hi Tom,

I would say that getting the cookies to work for remembering passwords is a great idea, as every time I tick the 'remember password' box, it doesn't. :(

Remember that EU law dictates that a warning must be provided to everyone regarding the use of cookies.

Otherwise, it's absolutely fine. :) I used to use the same forum base software when I had a dedicated server.
RGabb
Getting settled in

Post by RGabb »

I don't get any issue with cookies and remembering passwords on here. It will be your browser settings to allow cookies or to allow remembering passwords in general or for a specific site.
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

It is actually working now so must have been temporary. It was definitely none of those things though as I haven't had problems elsewhere.
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

No, I do not think you are too hands on. I appreciate your comments and attentiveness. I also appreciate the site itself, very much so
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm grateful for this site, because there is no American equivalent. Therefore, dyspraxia can be very isolating in America, almost all of the literature I read about adults is British, the youtube videos are all British. The only information out there is in reference to children. So I'm grateful. I just wish more people were responsive to posts. I really try to respond to as many as I can, particularly if I know something about the issue. Sadly, I don't find that is reciprocated with the exception of Tom. Thanks Tom
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I think it's a lot to do with confidence. Quite a few people arrive here at a very low ebb and may not feel able to offer anything they feel is worthwhile. I'm inclined to disagree on that point as I strongly believe we all have different experiences of the same sorts of thing and I won't have affinity with absolutely everyone or suffient expertise/life experience to answer every question for everybody. I'm lucky I'm quite able to adapt relatively well but don't want people to feel it is all their failing I've been there 8-(
For clarification we shouldn't compare ourselves unfavourably with others even amongst dyspraxic peers on this forum. We're all trying to do the best we can and being dyspraxic can make that devilishly difficult at times!

I suspect quite a few are content to just check in here when they need to
For clarification We want to encourage people to ask questions in a space where they can feel comfortable that they will not be chastised ridiculed or looked down on for asking a 'dumb question' .
If you can find what you need from reading others posts' that is great but please we'd like to hear your thoughts too though I know many prefer to stay in the shadows.

I do think that potentially the more you put in the more you get out. I do get a lot from responding to your posts and trying to offer some level of comfort and or practical advice. If I misinterpret you please tell me as I want to help, not annoy you
Last edited by Tom fod on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated as I regrettably caused offence
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)